What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Concrete Pad Question  (Read 1542 times)

richb

Concrete Pad Question
« on: February 21, 2022, 03:52:12 pm »
Long time lurker during the research process of purchasing our new 340 gal/ 6 person hot tub.
We already have a slab in the yard where we want to put the tub. It is 12x12 and 6.25 inches thick. The slab was there when we bought the house and was the foundation of a shed that we took apart. If I can believe the hand print on the slab it was poured in 1960.

Now that the snow is mostly gone up here in the northeast I've started to clean it off and get ready for delivery in late March. Couple of questions.
1. I have no idea if there is rebar and mesh in the pad. Anyway to find out? With a pad that thick does it matter?
2. Since it was covered with snow I had forgotten that it is kinda three different pads (see picss). Each section of the pad is 4x12. Any thoughts on this?

I've posed these same questions to the hot tub company and they are going to send someone from their ops group out within the next week to take a look at it, but looking for some backup suggestions and advice to compare to what they say.
Thanks!
[/img][/img]

Hot Tub Forum

Concrete Pad Question
« on: February 21, 2022, 03:52:12 pm »

cranbiz

Re: Concrete Pad Question
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2022, 12:48:59 pm »
Should be fine. 4" is usually what's recommended for a hot tub of that size. Is it level? That's important. The splits are expansion joints. no problems with them.

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Concrete Pad Question
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2022, 12:48:59 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42