What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Wellis Spa Reviews?  (Read 20386 times)

Ripper238

Re: Wellis Spa Reviews?
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2022, 10:16:27 am »
In your mind what makes a "higher end brand"

A product that is well thought out and offers some of the cutting edge features/benefits of an industry. Longevity and serviceability is also a factor invested in a higher end brand too.

A lot has changed from when I used to install Hot Tubs 30 years ago with fiberglass tubs, wood frames and spray foaming the hell out of the inside cabinet was considered a high end tub. lol

UV-C was not a thing, dedicated circulation pumps that only use 0.8 A of power was not a thing, let alone these cool touch screens and efficient insulation that still allows for easy servicing.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2022, 10:18:16 am by Ripper238 »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2022, 10:16:27 am »

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2022, 01:29:57 pm »
Wellis is built really well for the $ and they have been very reliable for us as well, we sell mostly Mont Blancs/Libra/Taurus & a few Olympus's as well. We've also sold a bunch of their 15' swim spa which is a beast with the propulsion jet system on it. Great spas for the money if you have a dealer nearby, Aspen is also my other favorite brand that competes well with Wellis, small shop in the US but I love their spas as well.

Nudroj

« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2023, 10:21:46 am »
Their new "Life Model" looks very interesting from an energy efficiency standpoint. There's a blog on their main page about it https://wellisspa.com/ the promotional videos for it look pretty convincing, but I'm not sure if they're on the US market just yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efx0p-i4Xps&ab_channel=Wellis.eu
« Last Edit: May 26, 2023, 11:46:57 am by Forum Admin »

Sam

« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2023, 01:54:09 pm »
Their new "Life Model" looks very interesting from an energy efficiency standpoint. There's a blog on their main page about it https://wellisspa.com/ the promotional videos for it look pretty convincing, but I'm not sure if they're on the US market just yet.

That does look pretty sweet!  Those jets look like they would feel awesome.  The aesthetics of the whole thing are top-tier.  That's a great looking spa.

I talked to a guy that sold Wellis here in the states for a year or so and he said build quality was lacking.  I don't have any personal experience, but he made it sound like they had a lot of failures and support in the US was very bad.  I'm definitely keeping an eye on the brand though. 

CanadianSpaTech

« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2023, 06:38:28 pm »
Wonder what Watkins/Hot Springs thinks of those jets and if they infringe on their patents.

Ripper238

« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2023, 10:48:00 am »
Wonder what Watkins/Hot Springs thinks of those jets and if they infringe on their patents.

It looks like its very different with its active circular/oval pattern. So different, but also an "improvement" over Watkins/Hot Springs.

I personally have been impressed with the quality that I have seen in Wellis tubs. Massive improvement from what I used to work on 30 years ago. lol
« Last Edit: May 27, 2023, 10:53:47 am by Ripper238 »

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2023, 03:55:47 pm »

That does look pretty sweet!  Those jets look like they would feel awesome.  The aesthetics of the whole thing are top-tier.  That's a great looking spa.

I talked to a guy that sold Wellis here in the states for a year or so and he said build quality was lacking.  I don't have any personal experience, but he made it sound like they had a lot of failures and support in the US was very bad.  I'm definitely keeping an eye on the brand though.

nothing wrong with the build quality whatsoever, we sold about 150 of them during Covid and the issues are far and few between, their customer service however lacks significantly, I'm not saying they don't take care of issues but getting them to respond or figuring out who to speak with from a dealer perspective when there is an issue is a nightmare for my service staff. Also, they're now selling direct to consumer for low margins off their website so there's also that, we have about 12 left we are closing out.

Sam

« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2023, 07:40:49 pm »
W

nothing wrong with the build quality whatsoever, we sold about 150 of them during Covid and the issues are far and few between, their customer service however lacks significantly, I'm not saying they don't take care of issues but getting them to respond or figuring out who to speak with from a dealer perspective when there is an issue is a nightmare for my service staff. Also, they're now selling direct to consumer for low margins off their website so there's also that, we have about 12 left we are closing out.

Wow, what a terrible idea.  If they can't take care of dealer support, they definitely won't be able to handle direct customer support.  Why would anyone stick around with them if they have to compete with the manufacturer at low margins.  That's gotta be the beginning of the end for them.  Shame.  They have some cool looking stuff.

Ripper238

« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2023, 10:31:26 am »

Not very good idea to undercut your dealers. But I would assume this is for EU/Hungry where they are located and to move old product to help get the new Life Model line to there dealers faster? Its always a challenge going from old models to new ones.

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2023, 08:39:39 pm »

Not very good idea to undercut your dealers. But I would assume this is for EU/Hungry where they are located and to move old product to help get the new Life Model line to there dealers faster? Its always a challenge going from old models to new ones.

Not exactly...they warehouse a ton of product in the United States, NJ and FL, they overshot their projections and couldn't unload product fast enough to their dealer base once the "Covid Cash" bubble burst so they panicked (I assume they needed that operating cash, can't have 500+ unsold spas laying around in a warehouse, nobody has the cash flow to do that outside of maybe Watkins) and now have to unload it on their website Costco style. As mentioned above this upsets dealers, also bad dealer support upsets dealers and at some point you have to make a business decision to move on if things aren't improved on. 

That said I still have no issues with their product (aside from the dealer support) and I assume they will move back to supporting their dealer base once the vast majority of that unsold product is sold.  Heck in the future If things improve I wouldn't even be opposed to ordering in some more of their swim spas, if you're looking for a 'professional' type swim spa with a propulsion system and don't want the 40k+ price tag of an Endless Pool they actually make a hell of a swim spa, I sold a bunch of their 15' Danube model and if you're truly looking to swim that thing is top notch and is built like a brick sh*thouse.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2023, 08:39:39 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42