Original > Hot Tub Forum

Wellis Spa Reviews?

(1/5) > >>

JM22681:
Hi all,

I am in the market for a 91" tub and a few of our local shops are offering Wellis tubs at a fairly reasonable price.  They seem to be somewhat new to the US market, so putting aside parts/service concerns, I am curious to obtain feedback from any owners on how things are holding up?  I'm looking at the Taurus or Monte Rosa in particular, but any feedback on the brand would be appreciated.  Thanks.

cranbiz:
Wellis is a low end tub. They have weaker shells that require internal supports as opposed to a self supporting shell. They are also lacking insulation.

There is a reason that they are on the inexpensive end of the spectrum.

JM22681:
Thanks for your quick response.  Do you have direct experience with them?  And how would they compare to the Artesians?  Are the Bullfrogs really that much better?

cranbiz:

--- Quote from: JM22681 on February 17, 2022, 11:44:46 am ---Thanks for your quick response.  Do you have direct experience with them?  And how would they compare to the Artesians?  Are the Bullfrogs really that much better?

--- End quote ---

I never owned one but I looked at them when I was looking for my tub. It was pretty clear when I looked under the hood they were cradle supported shells and almost no insulation.

Artesian makes a very good tub, that's what I eventually bought. Artesian's are self supporting, hand rolled fiberglass shells with decent jetting and on the Island, Island Elite and Artesian elites, Balboa controls. Lower end Artesian's (Garden Spa, etc.) are using Gecko controls as a stop gap measure until supplies get better.

Bullfrog is also a decent brand. Shell is a bit weaker than the Artesian's and they use Gecko controls but have great jetting packages and insulation. The changeable jet packs are nice. You can customize them for your tastes. I seriously considered a Bullfrog but couldn't get one in a size that worked for my space.

BullFrogSpasMN:
I've sold Wellis now for about 2 years, I like them, they are built well and if you get one with the Extreme cover and Extreme insulation they perform as well as any other mid-tier brand outdoors imo (I'm in Minnesota FYI) the Monte Blanc, Monte Rosa, Taurus and Libra are by far are best selling models along with their 15' Danube swim spa.  They have a nice thick ABS pan, maintenance free construction and a lot of features for the money imo...Good Luck!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version