What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Filling a tub with hot water  (Read 1477 times)

waterpro

Filling a tub with hot water
« on: February 09, 2022, 05:51:01 pm »
I just recently purchased an A8 bullfrog. When I initially filled it, the water temp was in the low 60's and it took about 9-10 hours to get up to 101 degrees and my electricity for that day jumped from an average of 26 kW/day to 85 kW for that day. I'm in California so that put me into a higher electrical price tier which means about $0.45/kW.  Ouch!

So I was thinking, I have an outdoor tankless water heater that has an adjustable temperature dial on it and it's only about 30' from the hot tub.  Would it be worthwhile to try and fill the hot tub directly from the tankless water heater instead?  I figure it would be a lot cheaper than using spa water heater and I would be able to use the hot tub pretty much right away as it would already be at, or close enough, to the correct temp. I mean obviously I still need to balance the chemicals, but from a temperature perspective, it would be ready to use pretty much right away.

I would of course also be using a hose that is rated for higher temperatures. I found some quality hot water garden hoses for around $40 which can handle temps up to 190 degrees Fahrenheit. 

Just curious if anyone can think of any downsides to filling a hot tub from a tankless water heater, provided that the temperature on the tankless water heater is set to around 100 degrees or so.

Hot Tub Forum

Filling a tub with hot water
« on: February 09, 2022, 05:51:01 pm »

CanadianSpaTech

Re: Filling a tub with hot water
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2022, 06:52:57 pm »
I don't see an issue in Cali. Now in Canada and it's -20 and you just got a new spa delivered that may or may not be partially frozen from the testing water at the factory that is still in the lines and wanted to fill with hot water it might not be a good idea.

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Filling a tub with hot water
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2022, 06:52:57 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42