What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Any better way to lay out this electrical conduit?  (Read 2285 times)

nathanpalmer

Any better way to lay out this electrical conduit?
« on: February 05, 2022, 09:08:08 am »
Just getting my Hot Tub hooked up and the electrician has layed out the conduit to get hooked up. What I'm wondering is if there is any better way to do this? I'd love for it to be more "invisible." However, this was put on top of an existing patio so I didn't have the option of coming up underneath. I guess my biggest concern is the conduit crossing in the middle, which potentially could be a tripping hazard (especially when opening the lid.)

Thoughts?

Hot Tub Forum

Any better way to lay out this electrical conduit?
« on: February 05, 2022, 09:08:08 am »

A.O.

Re: Any better way to lay out this electrical conduit?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2022, 10:28:47 am »
My only thought from the pics would have been to go straight through the side close to the house instead of wrapping around the front.

nathanpalmer

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2022, 09:08:27 am »
Thanks. That's one option I thought of as well. We'd have to drill through the bottom somehow.

Another thought would be to try to paint the pipe black when it against the base, so it just blends in a little better.

I didn't think of any way to avoid the possible tripping hazard though.

cranbiz

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2022, 01:09:08 pm »
A.O. thought the same way I did. I don't think the space between the house and tub is that big a deal. How many times is someone going to squeeze between the tub and the house?

CanadianSpaTech

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2022, 07:01:28 am »
Swap the conduit out for more flexible Tech 90 cable and run it above the window and in behind the down spout then down to ground and make a right turn along the wall/ground to the other side of the spa.

A.O.

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2022, 07:32:50 am »
A.O. thought the same way I did. I don't think the space between the house and tub is that big a deal. How many times is someone going to squeeze between the tub and the house?
Agreed, how many times is someone going to squeeze through there, and if they were they wont be going fast enough to trip.

nathanpalmer

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2022, 08:43:19 pm »
Thanks for the feedback everyone.

how many times is someone going to squeeze through there, and if they were they wont be going fast enough to trip.

I actually walk there daily as it's the only way to open and close the hot tub. The other side is too narrow. However, you're right, it's slow.

Swap the conduit out for more flexible Tech 90 cable and run it above the window and in behind the down spout then down to ground and make a right turn along the wall/ground to the other side of the spa.

Yeah, I did think about wrapping around the tub. I'll consider it, but it does seem like a lot more conduit than we have today.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2022, 08:43:19 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42