What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Terrible Repair Experience. Need Advice  (Read 2196 times)

pickles2001@hotmail.com

Terrible Repair Experience. Need Advice
« on: January 25, 2022, 11:02:37 am »
Hello. I have a 2015 Sundance  680 Edison that decided to quit working during last week's Wisconsin coldspell. I called the service department for the place where I purchased the hot tub. They came out, replaced the sensor, said hot tub was fixed and charged me $255 (which included a $199 service call). Hot tub still didn't work. Repairman returned several days later and determined that new topside was needed, which needed to be ordered. Charge for visit was $169 (company waived the $199 service call). A week later, repairman returned and installed new topside control and said that hot tub was now working properly. Charge for this visit was $518, which included that pesky $199 service call, on top of labor and part charges. HOT TUB STILL ISN'T WORKING, and this place has billed me $944 so far. What should I do? They have my credit card number on file and automatically charge me every time they come out. I am soooo frustrated. Almost $1000 into this, and my hot tub is still not working properly. Thanks for your advice.

Hot Tub Forum

Terrible Repair Experience. Need Advice
« on: January 25, 2022, 11:02:37 am »

cranbiz

Re: Terrible Repair Experience. Need Advice
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2022, 10:43:40 am »
File a claim with your credit card company. You paid to have the tub fixed, they have not fixed it yet.

d00nut

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2022, 02:40:27 pm »
If you follow cranbiz's advice, know that would end all future business with that dealership.

Are they unresponsive?

As I normally suggest, talk to them first.  I'd ask for a courtesy call seeing as you've already paid twice and replaced everything they suggested with no results. 

A credit card charge back without any attempt on your end to get it resolved will basically close the door on that dealership ever helping you again.  So, I'd say that is the nuclear option.

It's an option, but only if everything else fails... IMO

SerjicalStrike

• Reinstate Hank Williams!!
    • Great Bay Spa and Sauna
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2022, 02:43:28 pm »
What do you mean by your hot tub still isn't working?

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2022, 02:49:27 pm »
perhaps try calling them and see what's going on? let them know you'd like a tech to stop out free of charge to correct these issues, also there is really no need to keep a credit card on file with anyone unless they are performing a regular weekly/monthly/etc. service imo

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2022, 11:44:36 pm »
If you follow cranbiz's advice, know that would end all future business with that dealership.

Are they unresponsive?

As I normally suggest, talk to them first.  I'd ask for a courtesy call seeing as you've already paid twice and replaced everything they suggested with no results. 

A credit card charge back without any attempt on your end to get it resolved will basically close the door on that dealership ever helping you again.  So, I'd say that is the nuclear option.

It's an option, but only if everything else fails... IMO

Sounds like he needs another dealer's service or an independent tech so I'd file the claim with my credit card and be happy to be done with them (unless he's rural and doesn't really have any/many other options)!
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2022, 11:44:36 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42