What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Water too Hot  (Read 1914 times)

Sammi

Water too Hot
« on: January 14, 2022, 05:38:15 pm »
I have an Envoy that is just over a year old. Everything has worked flawlessly, however, today when I went out to check the water the temp reading was up at 107. I keep it at 104, which is also the max it will let me set it to, and the hottest I've ever seen it is 105. Any ideas what could be wrong? I've never had my temp be more than 1 degree off of set temp. The spa hasn't been used for a week (covid), and the temp was spot on during the last use. My dealer said to flip the breaker and see if the temp comes back down over the next couple days, but I would assume something caused the rise.

Hot Tub Forum

Water too Hot
« on: January 14, 2022, 05:38:15 pm »

Sammi

Re: Water too Hot
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2022, 08:15:53 pm »
I have an Envoy that is just over a year old. Everything has worked flawlessly, however, today when I went out to check the water the temp reading was up at 107. I keep it at 104, which is also the max it will let me set it to, and the hottest I've ever seen it is 105. Any ideas what could be wrong? I've never had my temp be more than 1 degree off of set temp. The spa hasn't been used for a week (covid), and the temp was spot on during the last use. My dealer said to flip the breaker and see if the temp comes back down over the next couple days, but I would assume something caused the rise.

Responding to my own post rather than deleting for others that might ever run into this. I discovered (through Reddit) that one can override the temp setting by holding the temperature up button on the control for 5 seconds to increase the temp. Doing this twice maxes out the temp at 106. High limit heater trigger must trigger at 107. We've had a lot of snow and my thinking is the cover got weighted down enough to manipulate the temp setting on the controller.

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Water too Hot
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2022, 08:15:53 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42