What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Filter for filling the hot tub? Spa Marvel X10?  (Read 2023 times)

waterpro

Filter for filling the hot tub? Spa Marvel X10?
« on: January 07, 2022, 11:26:13 am »
My hot tub is coming in a few weeks and I was curious what peoples thoughts are on using one of those screw on hose filters to filter the water when filling up the hot tub? 

I saw that Spa Marvel created an X10 screw on hose filter for around $70.  The reviews seem to be mixed, although the majority of the bad reviews seem to point to the fact that they're trying to filter well water.  I'm in the city, so I don't have to worry about well water issues. 

Just curious if people think it's worth purchasing a hose filter for filling a hot tub or if it's a waste of money?  Apparently the Spa Marvel X10 is good for 10,000 gallons, so for a hot tub, that's 20 fills.

Thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

Filter for filling the hot tub? Spa Marvel X10?
« on: January 07, 2022, 11:26:13 am »

A.O.

Re: Filter for filling the hot tub? Spa Marvel X10?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2022, 12:13:27 pm »
My thought would be with city water I would save my money and not get one.

bud16415

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2022, 01:27:25 pm »
My hot tub is coming in a few weeks and I was curious what peoples thoughts are on using one of those screw on hose filters to filter the water when filling up the hot tub? 

I saw that Spa Marvel created an X10 screw on hose filter for around $70.  The reviews seem to be mixed, although the majority of the bad reviews seem to point to the fact that they're trying to filter well water.  I'm in the city, so I don't have to worry about well water issues. 

Just curious if people think it's worth purchasing a hose filter for filling a hot tub or if it's a waste of money?  Apparently the Spa Marvel X10 is good for 10,000 gallons, so for a hot tub, that's 20 fills.

Thanks!

I have city water and have never used one and never had a problem.

CanadianSpaTech

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2022, 08:58:31 am »
If you are going to use one I normally fill the spa and then when done I will turn it around and back flush it out a bit and possibly get a little longer life out of it.

cranbiz

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2022, 02:34:29 pm »
Well water, yes. City water no.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2022, 02:34:29 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42