What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: how often do you shock your bullfrogs?  (Read 4520 times)

BW13

how often do you shock your bullfrogs?
« on: June 09, 2020, 01:30:57 am »
Hi, Bullfrog says you only need to shock once a month due to the frog at ease.  For those of you that have the EOS 3 and @ease, how often do you shock??

Hot Tub Forum

how often do you shock your bullfrogs?
« on: June 09, 2020, 01:30:57 am »

castletonia

Re: how often do you shock your bullfrogs?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2020, 07:37:24 am »
Not a Bullfrog owner, but a retailer who sells @ease.  Never been able to make the once a month shock work.  I recommend to my customers to shock once a week and that is what I do with my hot tub which has the inline @ease system.

Frogger

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2020, 07:17:02 pm »
I'm waiting on my Bullfrog A8D but I've been thinking about shock and chemicals this very day. My "theory" is this lately...Use the prepackaged "jump start" shock pack when filling the spa. Use metal gon... then use something called spa guard enhanced shock weekly (3 tablespoons per 500 gallons)...or as I read a single tablespoon after each use (heavy use). I'm new and learning so please dont take as gospel but I've read and some ppl had good results. I think this will work well with frog ease and you might not have to use regular shock after the initial shock. But anyone feel free to correct me!

Anthony0621

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2020, 12:47:42 pm »
Ive been using the system for almost 5 months now and think I got the hang of things. I have been shocking once a week using MPS (sometimes every two if i forget).

BW13

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2020, 12:34:39 am »
so is the once a month just a complete marketing gimmick?

waterpro

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2022, 03:06:39 am »
I'm waiting on my Bullfrog A8D but I've been thinking about shock and chemicals this very day. My "theory" is this lately...Use the prepackaged "jump start" shock pack when filling the spa. Use metal gon... then use something called spa guard enhanced shock weekly (3 tablespoons per 500 gallons)...or as I read a single tablespoon after each use (heavy use). I'm new and learning so please dont take as gospel but I've read and some ppl had good results. I think this will work well with frog ease and you might not have to use regular shock after the initial shock. But anyone feel free to correct me!

Hey Frogger, are you still using the SpaGuard Enhanced Shock?  From what I've been reading the Enhanced Shock contains chlorine whereas the regular SpaGuard Oxidizer does not have chlorine.  I also thought I read that if you're using the @ease system with the mineral cartridge that you weren't supposed to use a chlorinated shock.  Can't remember why though.  Just curious, if you're still using it along with the @ease system or if you've switched it up to something else?

cranbiz

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2022, 08:58:06 am »
The problem with using a chlorinated shock with the Frog system is that you get a CYA buildup. MPS is whats recommended and that is a non chlorine shock, which does not introduce CYA into the tub.

waterpro

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2022, 07:29:40 pm »
The problem with using a chlorinated shock with the Frog system is that you get a CYA buildup. MPS is whats recommended and that is a non chlorine shock, which does not introduce CYA into the tub.

Excellent, thank you cranbiz!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2022, 07:29:40 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42