What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Taylor K-2006C questions  (Read 1955 times)

ryguy76

Taylor K-2006C questions
« on: December 15, 2021, 09:36:27 pm »
I’m running Dichlor and a weekly oxidizing product that contains dipotassium peroxodisulphate.  I’ve also used MPS.

I’ll likely switch to the Dichlor/bleach method on next refill as the CYA levels are just unmanageable with Dichlor only, despite the dealer recommendation.

Here’s the thing… I cannot get an FC or CC reading I trust using the Taylor 2006 kit and after talking directly to Taylor, they said that the DPD will give false positives with ANY MPS in the water.  No amount of time will change that as once it’s introduced, it’s there until next water change.

So, what I’m wondering is how those of you manage with the K-2006 kit for your DPD chlorine tests if MPS adversely affects it?  I primarily bought this kit for the accuracy of the FC and CC.

Also, does anyone know if dipotassium peroxodisulphate is the same thing as mono persulfate?

Hot Tub Forum

Taylor K-2006C questions
« on: December 15, 2021, 09:36:27 pm »

A.O.

Re: Taylor K-2006C questions
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2021, 09:47:36 pm »
My Taylor 2006 kit works great.. Never put MPS or any other shock in my tub though... it is not needed!

ryguy76

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2021, 11:45:20 pm »
My Taylor 2006 kit works great.. Never put MPS or any other shock in my tub though... it is not needed!

You’re using Dichlor/bleach method?

Whats your routine?  Just add bleach after usage and nothing else?  Or do you superchlorinate from time to time with additional bleach?

bud16415

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2021, 11:37:27 am »
I use the dichlor/bleach method and it covers 99% of what I do. Once in a rare while I will use a non chlorine shock, but most of the time if a shock is required a double or triple dose of bleach will do the trick. I find 6 in one test strips accurate enough.

When a do a chlorine shock I will test the next time before we use the tub to get a feel if it has dropped down where I want to get in. most of the time I dose with dichlor or bleach depending on where the stabilizer is and can tell by just looking at the water it has done its job. I don’t test every day like I did when we first got the tub. Maybe once a week. 

ryguy76

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2021, 01:23:34 pm »
I use the dichlor/bleach method and it covers 99% of what I do. Once in a rare while I will use a non chlorine shock, but most of the time if a shock is required a double or triple dose of bleach will do the trick. I find 6 in one test strips accurate enough.

When a do a chlorine shock I will test the next time before we use the tub to get a feel if it has dropped down where I want to get in. most of the time I dose with dichlor or bleach depending on where the stabilizer is and can tell by just looking at the water it has done its job. I don’t test every day like I did when we first got the tub. Maybe once a week.

Ok, so using a larger dose of bleach will work for the occasional shock, if needed.

I’ve only HAD to superchlorinate once because I opened the cover to cloudy water after I sanitized for 2 people when our daughter randomly joined us.  Other than that one time, my water has been crystal clear from roughly 7ppm dosed after usage for a 30 min, 2 person session.

If MPS is known to throw off the Taylor chlorine test, I’d just assume avoid it so I can trust the results.

I use 6in1 strips for testing on days I use the tub, but will break out the Taylor for weekly checks if the strips indicate an issue.  The Taylor kit is awesome so would like to take advantage of it specifically for the CC reading.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2021, 01:23:34 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42