What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: New-to-us 2008 Marquis Spirit, a few questions  (Read 2176 times)

suliabryon

New-to-us 2008 Marquis Spirit, a few questions
« on: December 08, 2021, 04:57:03 pm »
Hello,

Some friends-of-friends recently upgraded their spa and offered us their 2008 Marquis Spirit. Everything is in good condition except for one missing jet, which we are currently hunting down to replace. They take good care fo their stuff, but we are of course running Leisure Time Jet Clean through it and thoroughly cleaning everything/replacing filters, etc. A friend that used to be a dealer before retirement came and checked it out for us, looking over all of the innards and pronounced it in excellent shape for its age.

Just one issue we can't seem to figure out: when we filled it and started it up the pump had to be manually turned on via pressing the button. It did not turn on when it should have sensed the cold water temp. This means of course that it will just run until we again manually turn it off. The friend who helped us thinks it must be a setting somewhere in the menus, but we went through the manual and followed their vague-ish directions on setting the heat between Standard-Economy-Sleep mode, selecting Standard, and nothing changed. The manual does not describe any other settings.

IDK if this helps at all, but our model is the Spirit on page 36 of this 2008 manual: https://www.marquisspas.com/documents/2008/08_OwnersManual.pdf

On another note, I sure wish these manuals listed actual part numbers. The missing jet is #3, which is simply listed as "HK 16" of which there seem to be several different versions from different spas/years available. I have a message in to a parts place and hopefully they will be able to help me narrow it down. That jet is, of course, the only one like it on the whole tub, so I don't have a visual guide or reference for it either.

Hot Tub Forum

New-to-us 2008 Marquis Spirit, a few questions
« on: December 08, 2021, 04:57:03 pm »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
Re: New-to-us 2008 Marquis Spirit, a few questions
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2021, 01:58:27 pm »
It’s either a 320-6714 for a light grey or 320-6715 for SS. Both are directional jets.

suliabryon

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2021, 01:30:54 pm »
Perfect, thank you so much!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2021, 01:30:54 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42