What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Losing water  (Read 1831 times)

Canuck

Losing water
« on: November 29, 2021, 10:11:48 pm »
Hi guys, I’m a new hot tub owner (came with the house): Life’s Great model Sanctuary 2015. 4 seater. About 15 of our jets are broken but the spa motor and heater are functional. It is winter, low of -10 C have started. We have used our spa couple of times and never had to fill the spa until we decided to keep the temperature steady at 104 F. Overtime (2 weeks) the water dropped below the filter line (2-3” below normal levels) It is worth mentioning that tub cover, does not seem very adequate, it doesn’t seem to seal properly.

Now my question is, considering the colder weather, maintaining water temp at 104 along with an improper hot tub cover, is it possible that water evaporated 2-3” below normal level?

Hot Tub Forum

Losing water
« on: November 29, 2021, 10:11:48 pm »

CanadianSpaTech

Re: Losing water
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2021, 07:02:45 am »
Anything is possible but unlikely. Open it up and check around the pumps and heater for leaks. Might just be a loose union or a pump seal (look between the pumps wet end and the motor)

bud16415

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2021, 05:28:41 pm »
I agree. They will steam off some water and if the cover is bad maybe that much. It is hard to find the source of a leak sometime but it is easy to find that it is leaking. Look for wet spots outside and inside the equipment area. Pumps like to leak around the motor shaft end. Mine leaked all winter a few years ago and i just kept it topped off as I didn't want to do a wet end pump replacement in the cold. 

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2021, 12:53:08 pm »
About 15 of our jets are broken but the spa motor and heater are functional.

Please define "broken".

Do you mean no water flow through the jets? Are the jets just not spinning? Are the jet inserts missing? Are they cracked?
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2021, 12:53:08 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42