What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: pH issues  (Read 2120 times)

progress

pH issues
« on: November 29, 2021, 11:02:14 am »
I have a small inflatalbe hot tub. It only holds 177 gallons. This is my first time owning a hot tub and I've been trying for days to get the pH down but it will not budge. It's higher than 9 every time I test it according to the test strip. My TA is having a hard time getting up and staying up. Yesterday I got it up to 80 and now it's at 40. I'm using chlorine to sanitize.

I have added so much pH down and it doesn't budge. After a day, all the chemical just settles at the bottom of the tub. I use the skimmer to stir it up to see if that helps with mixing it to get the pH down, but nothing. I'm changing the filter every day and it's just FULL of chemicals.

This has turned into a nightmare. Any help would be much appreciated. I'm at my wit's end.

Hot Tub Forum

pH issues
« on: November 29, 2021, 11:02:14 am »

A.O.

Re: pH issues
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2021, 01:46:43 pm »
MURIATIC ACID!
Available at any hardware or big box store in gallon bottles (it's a liquid). Works much easier than the dry stuff especially with a small inflatable hot tub that doesn't have the best circulation out there. I know, I've owned 2 inflatables.
My TA is always about 50 and that is where I like it!

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2021, 07:45:02 am »
MURIATIC ACID!
Available at any hardware or big box store in gallon bottles (it's a liquid). Works much easier than the dry stuff especially with a small inflatable hot tub that doesn't have the best circulation out there. I know, I've owned 2 inflatables.
My TA is always about 50 and that is where I like it!

Mix it with water in a 5 gallon bucket before you put it in your tub. Don't spill it on anything, wear gloves and eye protection. It won't burn your skin but it will stain surfaces and burn in your eyes.
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2021, 07:45:02 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42