What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: No power  (Read 1786 times)

AlexGO

No power
« on: November 27, 2021, 05:41:41 pm »
Sounds had just filled my hot tub for the winter season and my little kids went in the night before, then today I opened it and the water was hot but no power to display or heater anymore. I have checked and verified that it wasn’t my breaker or the gfi outlet, i opened the board replaced the time delay fuse. I can see a little red light blinking on the boards no wires look burn or broken what could be my issue ?

Hot Tub Forum

No power
« on: November 27, 2021, 05:41:41 pm »

rapheal21

Re: No power
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2021, 10:28:47 am »
1. Heater Failure
If the water in your spa isn’t as warm as it should it, it may be an indication of heater failure. Many times, heater failure is a result of corrosion to the heating element, typically caused by a water balance issue. Low levels of pH over time will cause damage to the heating element and trip the ground fault circuit interrupter (GCFI) breaker. You should also check for damage to the filter and thermostat.

2. Clogged Filter
If water flow is poor and your jets don’t macys insite seem to be working as well as they should, you may have a clogged filter. When your filter becomes full of dirt and residue, water cannot flow through it, causing your spa to shut down. Preventative maintenance by regularly cleaning your filters is important for keeping your hot tub in working order. It’s also important to remember that when a filter becomes dirty, it will not remove contaminants from the water, which can lead to damage to the hot tub pump.

3. Air Lock
An air lock can occur when you drain your hot tub, clean it and refill it with water, as air can become trapped inside it while empty. You’ll notice an air lock right away when you turn on the jets and see that no water is flowing through them.

To get rid of the air lock, open all of the jets completely, letting them run on high for 10-15 seconds, repeating as necessary until you see air bubbling from the jets. Then, leave them running until all the air has been released. Alternatively, you can slowly loosen the nut that connects the spa plumbing to the motor, which allows air to be released. Once water begins to leak out, you have gotten all the air out of the pump.

4. Noisy Pump
When your pump is louder than usual, it can be an indication of a malfunctioning pump. This often means that the bearings in the motor are going out, which can be caused by a leaking shaft or seal. While pumps with bad bearings can sometimes last for a while before completely going out, it is important to replace it as soon as you notice an issue.

5. Tripped GFCI Breakers
The GFCI device automatically turns off when it detects an electrical fault that could cause electrocution. If your GFCI is tripping, it could be due to a number of factors, such as a pump, ozonator or blower. To determine what is causing the issue, unplug each component separately and turn on the breaker.

If the breaker does not turn on after unplugging one of the components, you krogerfeedback have found the problem and can replace the piece that is causing the issue. If the breaker still does not turn on after unplugging each component, you likely have an issue with the heater element.

If you are attempting to fix an issue with a hot tub, please remember to practice safety first! If you are ever unsure about how to troubleshoot an issue, always contact a professional before doing any work yourself.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2021, 10:21:23 am by rapheal21 »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2021, 08:42:03 pm »
Check if all your input wires are tight. Power off first from the breaker.
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2021, 08:42:03 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42