What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: On the Go Water Softener  (Read 2296 times)

Sammi

On the Go Water Softener
« on: November 01, 2021, 11:24:36 pm »
Turns out my water is a bit on the hard side as my calcium levels are high upon each drain and refill. I'm running a 2020 Envoy with salt system. The Vanishing Act pillows cost about $77 per 1 time use. I drain and refill about 3 times/year so it adds up.

I've been researching the On the Go softerners. Prices and options vary so curious as to which On the Go product works best for a 390 gallon tub?

I don't have the need or want to buy an entire house softener, the water quality from my tap has won awards for excellence in the nation. But I guess its a bit hard for a salt tub according to my research. For $300ish the unit would pay for itself in about 1 year, so leaning toward the On the Go method.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: November 29, 2021, 12:08:26 am by Sammi »

Hot Tub Forum

On the Go Water Softener
« on: November 01, 2021, 11:24:36 pm »

Sammi

Re: On the Go Water Softener
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2021, 12:13:26 am »
Follow up in case anyone looks into this in the future. I purchased the single size On the Go softner from Amazon for $198 shipped. It's was the OTG3 model. I see there is a OTG2 and OTG4 model in a single size bit they were more $. I spoke with my dealer and they said sold them, but they were out of stock. They told me I'm better off buying one from Amazon because they are the same thing and way cheaper. Props to my dealer.

I drained ans refilled my tub. My tap water was at 120 units and dropped to 20 units upon the refill using the On the Go softner. I balanced the water today and had it tested at the dealer and they said the water was in perfect condition.

Hot Tub Forum

Re: On the Go Water Softener
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2021, 12:13:26 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42