What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Considering switching to Bleach Method…  (Read 1400 times)

ryguy76

Considering switching to Bleach Method…
« on: October 24, 2021, 02:58:47 pm »
After my first water change which is coming up shortly, I’m considering switching from Dichlor to the Bleach method. Other than ensuring ~30ppm of CYA and aiming for a lower TA than I am currently aiming for, is there any other “musts” I should be considering?

Are there any Gotchas with this method that can become detrimental to the tubs health or longevity?

Thanks in advance.

Hot Tub Forum

Considering switching to Bleach Method…
« on: October 24, 2021, 02:58:47 pm »

A.O.

Re: Considering switching to Bleach Method…
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2021, 04:25:58 pm »
After a refill I use the dichlor till my CYA is about 30,then switch to the liquid chlorine mine is a 12.5 % mix. I dont know what TA you are shooting for but I keep mine right about 50. PH will always climb due to the aeration I use liquid Muriatic acid to control it. Once everything stabilizes I add about 2 1/2 oz chlorine after every use (twice a day normally) and I need 1/4-1/2 oz MA once or twice a week is all.

No gotchas that I know of.

Check this out... https://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/how-do-i-use-chlorine-in-my-spa-or-pool.9670/

Good luck, dont over think things, its easier to do than you may think. And dont buy into all the things pool/hot tub stores will tell you. they are just looking to sell you something.

ryguy76

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2021, 05:08:36 pm »
Thanks.  Where do you buy Muriatic Acid?  Hardware store?

A.O.

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2021, 09:57:48 pm »
Yep, or any big box store.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2021, 09:57:48 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42