Original > Hot Tub Forum

Considering switching to Bleach Method…

(1/1)

ryguy76:
After my first water change which is coming up shortly, I’m considering switching from Dichlor to the Bleach method. Other than ensuring ~30ppm of CYA and aiming for a lower TA than I am currently aiming for, is there any other “musts” I should be considering?

Are there any Gotchas with this method that can become detrimental to the tubs health or longevity?

Thanks in advance.

A.O.:
After a refill I use the dichlor till my CYA is about 30,then switch to the liquid chlorine mine is a 12.5 % mix. I dont know what TA you are shooting for but I keep mine right about 50. PH will always climb due to the aeration I use liquid Muriatic acid to control it. Once everything stabilizes I add about 2 1/2 oz chlorine after every use (twice a day normally) and I need 1/4-1/2 oz MA once or twice a week is all.

No gotchas that I know of.

Check this out... https://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/how-do-i-use-chlorine-in-my-spa-or-pool.9670/

Good luck, dont over think things, its easier to do than you may think. And dont buy into all the things pool/hot tub stores will tell you. they are just looking to sell you something.

ryguy76:
Thanks.  Where do you buy Muriatic Acid?  Hardware store?

A.O.:
Yep, or any big box store.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version