What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Leak around jet  (Read 1221 times)

Dapper2354252

Leak around jet
« on: October 19, 2021, 11:53:05 am »
 I purchased a house with a hot tub and I have a leak around one of the jets.  Unfortunately, the backside of the jet is not easy to get at.  Is it possible that it's the actual jet leaking or is it always going to be the jet housing?  Is there a silicon or something that I can cover the housing with to see if I can stop the leak?

Hot Tub Forum

Leak around jet
« on: October 19, 2021, 11:53:05 am »

cranbiz

Re: Leak around jet
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2021, 12:33:22 pm »
It could be either. Older hot tubs used silicon to seal the jet fixtures to the shell, that could be the source of your leak. However, sometimes it's the connection. Many tubs use glued fittings, the leak could be there or the line developed a pin hole leak.

Unfortunately, you need to actually look for the source of the leak. If it's not a full foam insulated tub, an inspection camera may help if it's in a hard to see location. There are ones that plug into a cell phone that are not expensive or you can get a dedicated camera from Harbor Freight for about $60. The dedicated camera has a better camera and it's a semi rigid wand which can be an advantage in this type of situation.

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Leak around jet
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2021, 12:33:22 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42