What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: RE: Looking for advice Hot springs, Bullfrog or Marquis?  (Read 3180 times)

TroyJ91

RE: Looking for advice Hot springs, Bullfrog or Marquis?
« on: October 09, 2021, 10:53:49 am »

First off I just found this site. I have had some friends that are out tub owners direct me to look at certain brands. I considered most, but all advised me to look at the dealer as an important consideration. Thus I found the top two in my area, sold, Hot springs one dealer, and the other sold Bullfrog and Marquis (which is a brand I had not known much about).

What I am looking size wise is Hot springs Highlife Vanguard, Bullfrog A7, and Marquis Crown Epic ( with Micro Silk).

We are leaning to the Marquis Crown Epic with Micro Silk as my wife really likes that idea. The problem is we cant wet test a Crown, we only wet tested the Vector 21 series. We wet tested the hot springs highlife and the Bullfrog a series.  In terms of seat feel we like the bull frog the least, then the vector it would be first maybe, did not like the shape lines. and the hot springs the best in terms of seats. We like the Marquis jets the best. We were able to dry test a Marquis Crown and felt the contour of those seats were similar to the Hot springs highlife. But did not wet test them.  We also like the different seat levels on a Marquis.

In terms of quality, Hot springs says they are built the best no wood frame and marquis has wood frame and will not stand up to time. Bull frog say that they are no wood frame, and better jet water system less plumbing.

The main question is the Marquis quality in the crown collection as good as the other two?  Also since we could not wet test crown do yall think the seats feel and contour will be better than vector in water and close to hot springs.

Last since we can not wet test Marquis we do not know what the feel of the Adirondack chair is like. We were ok with Hot springs lounge. Have no Idea what a
Marquis Crown Adirondack chair is like in water.

Thanks for any thoughts and advice!
« Last Edit: October 11, 2021, 11:05:04 pm by TroyJ91 »

Hot Tub Forum

RE: Looking for advice Hot springs, Bullfrog or Marquis?
« on: October 09, 2021, 10:53:49 am »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: RE: Looking for advice Hot springs, Bullfrog or Marquis?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2021, 10:18:50 am »

First off I just found this site. I have had some friends that are out tub owners direct me to look at certain brands. I considered most, but all advised me to look at the dealer as an important consideration. Thus I found the top two in my area, sold, Hot springs one dealer, and the other sold Bullfrog and Marquis (which is a brand I had not known much about).

What I am looking size wise is Hot springs Highlife Vanguard, Bullfrog A7, and Marquis Crown Epic ( with Micro Silk).

We are leaning to the Marquis Crown Epic with Micro Silk as my wife really likes that idea. The problem is we cant wet test a Crown, we only wet tested the Vector 21 series. We wet tested the hot springs highlife and the Bullfrog a series.  In terms of seat feel we like the bull frog the least, then the vector it would be first maybe, did not like the shape lines. and the hot springs the best in terms of seats. We like the Marquis jets the best. We were able to dry test a Marquis Crown and felt the contour of those seats were similar to the Hot springs highlife. But did not wet test them.  We also like the different seat levels on a Marquis.

In terms of quality, Hot springs says they are built the best no wood frame and marquis has wood frame and will not stand up to time. Bull frog say that they are no wood frame, and better jet water system less plumbing.

The main question is the Marquis quality in the crown collection as good as the other two?  Also since we could not wet test crown do yall think the seats feel and contour will be better than vector in water and close to hot springs.

Last since we can not wet test Marquis we do not know what the feel of the Adirondack chair is like. We were ok with Hot springs lounge. Have no Idea what a
Marquis Crown Adirondack chair is like in water.

Price the Bull frog is about 14k,  Hot springs vanguard about 15,300, and Marquis crown Epic with Upgraded lights and Micro silk 15,800.

Thanks for any thoughts and advice!

First off take wood or no wood out of the equation. They will all stand the test of time. Marquis is definitely as good or better IMO than the others. BF saying they have a better jet water system and less plumbing is marketing BS, I assume they are claiming a better water delivery system? Not true unless you investigate there engineering. It's different but that doesn't mean better. Unless you know the GPM and flow of each, none of these brands can say they are better. And more or less GPM and flow doesn't mean better. The feel on your butt and the hydrotherapy on your body from the jets is what is important. Some of us require less flow from the jets than others. Some of us require the jets to hit us in different places with a different feel. Combine that with a good dealer and your set. The Marquis HK jets are the best in the industry IMO. And I have no affiliation with any of these brands. They are all quality brands.
Retired

TroyJ91

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2021, 11:04:34 pm »
Thank you very much for the advice

TroyJ91

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2021, 02:38:58 pm »
Thanks we are down to marquis now. Wet tested the vector 84, no opportunity to wet test the crown euphoria which is what we are down to. I y'all opinion is the crown worth the 2000 more then the vector with up graded full foam? Dry testing the conture of the seats seem nicer, plus you can control the flow with the blue red control's. Any other opinion? Thanks.

d00nut

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2021, 01:31:10 pm »
Personally, I think the Crown collection feels like a MUCH softer massage than the Vector.  I've tested the Crown, and I really like it.  The Hot Zone Jets (red jets) still feel similar to how they did with the Signature collection, but almost all the Vector jets feel more powerful since you can shut the jets off, where in the Crown, you just "divert" jet actions to other places.

TroyJ91

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2021, 09:44:14 am »
Thank you for that insight, since I can not wet test a crown. I would say my wife and I would prefer a less powerful massage jet. If that is the case the crown would be better for us.

d00nut

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2021, 12:56:36 pm »
I'm right there with you.  I prefer the Crown massage.  But I like to let people know that, since some people want to feel bruised when they get out  ;)

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2021, 08:15:28 am »
Kneading muscles with two hands versus kneading muscles with one finger. The finger pokes in stronger but is that what feels best?
Retired

MarKee

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2021, 01:11:29 am »
The frame is irrelevant, the Marquis base has an ABS plastic and will not deteriorate over time.  As far as strength, a wood frame will almost certainly be stronger than plastic.

If the shell is supported properly (Marquis uses a thick fiberglass backing), the frame should not be supporting the weight that is placed on the shell.  The HotSpring and Bullfrog both use an ABS backing vs fiberglass which has a lot of flex to it.  Not to say the HotSpring or Bullfrog shell will fail, but they don’t have as much backing and are more reliant on a frame or hard foam to support the weight of the water.

Marquis is a world class hot tub and I would put it up against anything on the market.  I have sold them for 18 years and they are as reliable as they get.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2021, 01:11:29 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42