What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Tub Pricing...  (Read 6118 times)

BullFrogSpasMN

Hot Tub Pricing...
« on: September 16, 2021, 01:38:00 pm »
Customer: "Hi we've come in to look at your basic spas, what can you tell us about them"

Me: "Wonderful, our basic spas now start at $18,000 would you like to take a look"

;D ;D 8) 8)

Hot Tub Forum

Hot Tub Pricing...
« on: September 16, 2021, 01:38:00 pm »

waterpro

Re: Hot Tub Pricing...
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2021, 12:48:54 pm »
haha, that totally hits home.  We started looking at hot tubs a little over a year ago and we were really green. I was originally budgeting $5k for a hot tub. That budget went completely out the window after I started reading threads on this site. So a little over a year ago we raised our budget to $12k and started saving up. Fast forward to today and that same $12k tub is now $16-$18k depending on what we wanted to get. I started a poll on here a while back asking what people thought the prices were going to do in the next year and pretty much unanimously everyone agreed that the prices were going to go up at least another 10% next year. This was also backed up by the local dealers we talked with. They all said their pricing is going up soon.

So long story short, we bit the bullet and ordered a BullFrog A8 about a month ago (at a price of 3-4 times what we originally planned for).  And now we're in the waiting game. We've been told it should be delivered sometime in Feb (2022). Here's hoping to no delays!

waterpro

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2021, 12:51:48 pm »
I also want to give a shout out to all the contributors on this site. All of your insight has been invaluable when trying to navigate the difficult hot tub landscape!  I know you were one of those people that helped out tremendously BullFrogSpasMN!  Thank you!

cranbiz

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2021, 02:57:26 pm »
I started looking in early January and even then prices were starting to creep up and availability was scarce. I too had a $5000-$6000 budget. after reading here and getting much more realistic prices in my shopping, I ended up jumping on an Artesian at $9500 that was in the pipeline at the end of January and I'm glad I did. If I had waited even a few more weeks, the price would have been up another several hundred bucks and I would still be waiting for a tub.

It did have all the features I was looking for, with good parts and insulation.

Unfortunately, prices are not going to drop anytime soon. Parts shortages, trucking increases and unprecedented demand are not going away anytime soon.

So, set your pricing expectations accordingly and be prepared to wait. Or you can try to test your luck in the used market. However, you need to be able to move fast if you find a good used tub.

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2021, 03:12:33 pm »
haha, that totally hits home.  We started looking at hot tubs a little over a year ago and we were really green. I was originally budgeting $5k for a hot tub. That budget went completely out the window after I started reading threads on this site. So a little over a year ago we raised our budget to $12k and started saving up. Fast forward to today and that same $12k tub is now $16-$18k depending on what we wanted to get. I started a poll on here a while back asking what people thought the prices were going to do in the next year and pretty much unanimously everyone agreed that the prices were going to go up at least another 10% next year. This was also backed up by the local dealers we talked with. They all said their pricing is going up soon.

So long story short, we bit the bullet and ordered a BullFrog A8 about a month ago (at a price of 3-4 times what we originally planned for).  And now we're in the waiting game. We've been told it should be delivered sometime in Feb (2022). Here's hoping to no delays!

good choice, can't beat the layout on the R8/A8 it's my absolute favorite with the 'foot dome' in the center it allows someone who's 5'5" and 6'1" to both sit and soak comfortably without floating all over the place..what jetpaks did you go with?

waterpro

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2021, 01:06:00 am »
The funny thing is, after the sticker shock wore off we were going to get an R7. Then that eventually got upgraded to the A7, and then after we wet tested, it got upgraded to the A8. The A7 honestly would have been enough for us, but the one thing we couldn't get over is the foot jets on the A7. We didn't like how they're angled and if two people are in the back bucket seats you'd almost need to cross your legs over each other to use the jets for the bottom of your feet (if that makes sense). If the A7 had the A8 foot dome we probably would have gotten the A7 instead. They probably couldn't include it in the A7 though due to space constraints since the A7 is 6" smaller in each direction. We figured we're already spending a ton of money though so we might as well make sure it's the one we want so we paid the extra for the A8.

We ended up getting the Neck Blaster, Gyrosage, Wellness, Oscillator, and Deep Relief.  Unfortunately the place we wet tested didn't have the Versa available. I really wish we would have been able to wet test that one out as it might have replaced something in our list.

I know people on here say it all the time, and it can't be understated so I'll say it as well, but everyone needs to wet test to see what they like! If we didn't get to wet test we probably would have gotten the Rain Shower, Neck Masseuse, Pulsator, and Trio Jetpacks. But after testing the Rain Shower,  we just didn't like it. I've heard it's a love it or hate it jetpack and we just didn't like it. Even on full blast and all the other jet packs turned off we could barely feel it so it felt like a waste to us. We also went in wanting the Neck Masseuse because we heard it had the most neck pressure. After trying it out we did like the pressure but it was coming out so hard that it was bouncing off our shoulders and spraying us in the face. We also noticed a ton of water being thrown outside the tub with the Neck Masseuse. We then tried the Neck Blaster and liked the combo of the pressure on the neck and the additional jets on our back at the same time. The Pulsator and Trio were good jets, we just like the Gyrossage and Oscillator a little more.

So yes, definitely wet test before you buy as 4 of our jet choices changed.

Now that we have the hot tub picked out, our next task is to design the backyard. Luckily we have some time to figure that out.

CV3720

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2021, 02:58:44 pm »
... And now we're in the waiting game. We've been told it should be delivered sometime in Feb (2022). Here's hoping to no delays!

Folks at PDC tell me they're out EIGHTEEN months at this point!

CV3720

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2021, 03:00:36 pm »
good choice, can't beat the layout on the R8/A8 ...

For a brief moment, I thought I was in the Audi forum! :D

Tom

cranbiz

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2021, 09:45:33 am »
... And now we're in the waiting game. We've been told it should be delivered sometime in Feb (2022). Here's hoping to no delays!

Not surprised. When I was looking in January, PDC was 10-12 months out. The dealer I was at didn't even have a tub on display.

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2021, 06:41:30 pm »

they better start looking at how/when to shut down new orders coming in to try and get caught up, "kicking the can" down the road 18 months is not going to work for them or any business for that matter imo

Gibson00

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2021, 02:06:34 pm »
I ordered a new Arctic spa in mid-March '21.  Estimated delivery date was September.  We received an email about 2 weeks ago saying there would be at least a 1-2 month delay due to manufacturing delays, lack of parts, etc.  I don't really expect to receive it before the new year...

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2021, 11:17:40 am »
I ordered a new Arctic spa in mid-March '21.  Estimated delivery date was September.  We received an email about 2 weeks ago saying there would be at least a 1-2 month delay due to manufacturing delays, lack of parts, etc.  I don't really expect to receive it before the new year...

I think anyone who purchased a major brand and was told Oct-Dec for arrival is going to have their spa delayed until next year, at least that is what I am seeing/hearing from everyone I speak with, supply chain issues have progressively gotten worse over the past months and will probably continue for another 6+ months at least.

cranbiz

« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2021, 12:30:43 pm »
We will see, some manufacturers are doing a little better than others. I know that the ports on the west coast are still a mess so anything can still go wrong.

I have a friend who has an Island Grand Cayman on order. It was part of a stocking shipment to our dealer that was scheduled to arrive last July. Both of us put deposits on tubs in January. Mine was part of a stocking shipment due in to the dealer in March, it slipped to May and was installed May 20th. At that time, he was told that his tub had slipped to November. He checked with the dealer yesterday and they checked the production schedule with Artesian. They were told that the tub was still on schedule for delivery to the dealer for early November.

So some manufacturers have been able to keep schedules from further slipping.

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2021, 02:42:10 pm »
We will see, some manufacturers are doing a little better than others. I know that the ports on the west coast are still a mess so anything can still go wrong.

I have a friend who has an Island Grand Cayman on order. It was part of a stocking shipment to our dealer that was scheduled to arrive last July. Both of us put deposits on tubs in January. Mine was part of a stocking shipment due in to the dealer in March, it slipped to May and was installed May 20th. At that time, he was told that his tub had slipped to November. He checked with the dealer yesterday and they checked the production schedule with Artesian. They were told that the tub was still on schedule for delivery to the dealer for early November.

So some manufacturers have been able to keep schedules from further slipping.

Ya, at 11 months I would hope that one wouldn't slip any further than it already has, absolute worst case I've seen is about 7 months from ordering until arrival which is bad enough, couldn't imagine quoting out 12 months

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2022, 01:56:40 pm »
Well it's been 10 months, prices are still up of course no surprises there but I'm still kind of surprised on how demand is still, it's not 'point & shoot' sales like it was during the middle of the shutdown but business is still really good.  What are ya'll seeing out there?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2022, 01:56:40 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42