What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Filtration cycle  (Read 1539 times)

rob6894

Filtration cycle
« on: September 07, 2021, 05:18:58 pm »
Mi have a new artisan spa and love it. That said I have one problem that I can't determine if it is an actual problem. The spa has a gecko ye spa pack. When the unit goes into fit ration mode (set for twice a day 2hr duration) you hear both pumps come on for a purge and then pump one goes on for the filtration. It then shuts off after 20 min or so and then rests then turns the pumps back on then rests again. During this 2hr period the filtration icon is on and their are no errors. The head scratcher for me is that I thought for the 2 hr duration that pump should stay on continuously for the full duration? Is that not the case? I did search high and low but can not find this specific possible issue anywhere. I should mention the tub otherwise runs great with both speeds on pump one and second pump as well. I just notice this possible issue during filtration cycle. I should add there is no continua circulation pump on this tub. Thoughts?
« Last Edit: September 07, 2021, 05:20:39 pm by rob6894 »

Hot Tub Forum

Filtration cycle
« on: September 07, 2021, 05:18:58 pm »

cranbiz

Re: Filtration cycle
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2021, 09:11:07 am »
My Artesian Island series, which I had delivered in May, does pretty much the same thing and I have a Balboa pack.

Mine has a circulation pump though and that does run all the time when in filter mode. The main pumps run like yours do.

A Rai

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2021, 03:25:48 pm »
It's normal considering the outside temperatures. You have to remembers pumps have an internal gauge that will make them turn off when overheating. So 20 minute intervals make sense.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2021, 03:25:48 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42