What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Tub Pad  (Read 2185 times)

hdobber

Hot Tub Pad
« on: August 16, 2021, 10:07:00 am »
(First-time poster.)

I have a bullfrog spa ordered and am told it should get here around November.  I intend to put it on an already established patio area with 16x16 patio block.  The blocks do have some texture to them, so would it be a good idea to use something like the rubber mat linked below to put on top of the patio block?  Or would something else be suggested?  Thanks for any advice.

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B006GR34NQ/?coliid=I1R0QZLLF8FCLU&colid=JQSKBR3JDJLJ&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Hot Tub Forum

Hot Tub Pad
« on: August 16, 2021, 10:07:00 am »

cranbiz

Re: Hot Tub Pad
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2021, 09:29:24 am »
As far as the tub is concerned, you don't need it. For comfort when getting in or out, that might be OK. I would be concerned that it might get a bit slippery when wet.

hdobber

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2021, 04:59:23 pm »
The pad wouldn't stick out from the tub, just be under it.  I'm just afraid the stones that are a millimeter or two higher in some places due to the texture would provide enough stress to cause problems.  If there were problems, would it give the manufacturer (Bullfrog) reason to not honor their warranty?

cranbiz

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2021, 05:12:33 pm »
The tub should have an ABS bottom pan. It's not going to cause a problem.

Anyway, if you really feel that you need to isolate the pad from the pan, what you picked certainly will work fine.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2021, 10:29:48 am »
The pad wouldn't stick out from the tub, just be under it.  I'm just afraid the stones that are a millimeter or two higher in some places due to the texture would provide enough stress to cause problems.  If there were problems, would it give the manufacturer (Bullfrog) reason to not honor their warranty?

Its like the old bed-of-nails trick where the person lays over the nails right after he drops a watermelon on them to show they're sharp enough to pierce it. There may be protrusions that the base will sit on but the weight will be spread over all of them and it'll be fine.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

hdobber

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2021, 12:05:18 pm »
Thanks for all the advice.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2021, 12:05:18 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42