What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Need a Hot Tub Recommendation from Home Depot  (Read 3032 times)

HotTubNoob

Need a Hot Tub Recommendation from Home Depot
« on: August 13, 2021, 09:17:16 pm »
Hi all,

I'm going to preface this by saying I'm sure home Depot isn't the absolute best place for a hot tub, but I just so happen to have a remarkable amount of credit card points I can transform into home Depot gift cards ($6k worth), which is why I'm looking where I am.

I'm wondering if any of you could recommend a hot tub for me. I want it to comfortably seat at least four people, I'm thinking something around 7 ft x 7 ft, 350 gallons, give or take. But it can be a little bit smaller if it needs to.

I can get a 240-volt outlet no problem, and I'm happy to pay for that. So I am thinking a 240 volt would be good.

I would love something that has some pretty lights on the inside, and I probably will avoid anything with speakers.

If help for me to give you any additional info, please let me know and I'll be happy to provide it.

Currently, this is the one that caught my eye, mostly because it's got such a huge discount on it and it looks pretty decent. I've heard that life smart is actually made by the same people who make caldera, but I don't know how true that is.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Lifesmart-LS550-Plus-5-Person-45-Jet-230v-Spa-with-Ozonator-Curacao-DLX/301005714

Any and all advice is welcome. This one won't be delivered until mid November, but my understanding after reading the subreddit is everyone everywhere is backed up pretty bad. But if you do find one they can get here in September October, that would be a plus as well.

Thank you all so much!

P.S. on a side note, I understand that if I purchase through home Depot I'm unlikely to get help moving it to the correct spot. I'm curious if any of you might know away I could hire someone to help me that, who I would be looking for, how many people I'd need, blah blah. Thanks again.

Hot Tub Forum

Need a Hot Tub Recommendation from Home Depot
« on: August 13, 2021, 09:17:16 pm »

cranbiz

Re: Need a Hot Tub Recommendation from Home Depot
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2021, 09:28:10 am »
It is a Watkins tub ( Hot Springs, Caldera, Tiger River). Rotomolded shell which can be good and bad. Watkins Manufacturing generally makes a good tub.

Generally, buying from a Home Depot is not recommended as you pointed out. Support is non existent. You really want to have a good dealer behind you. However, as you also pointed out, you have the ability to buy this for no money.

Can you actually see one? At Home Depot, a wet test is not possible but you really want to at least sit in one to see if the sizing, layout, etc. will work for you.

Where are you located? Where are you putting the tub? Insulation can be very important, much more important in the north. The ad does say full foam, it would be nice to verify that. It's supposed to come with a Gecko Spa Pack, which while not my choice, is a decent pack and available outside of warranty thru any dealer that sells Gecko, which is a good thing.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2021, 01:17:42 pm »
Downside:
No dealer so hopefully you're a DIYER, including for setup though its not complicated,
Hydrotherapy won't be anything special,
Aesthetics for rotomolded spas aren't equal to standard spas, won't have special lighting, jets will be more basic ... .

Upside:
Rotomolded spas are very durable,
Spare parts should be available when needed,
Most rotomolded spas are 110V but in this case you're ok there with it being 220V. It'll get/stay hot and they have sprayed in foam insulation,
PRICES are lower for these types in general and seems especially so here.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2021, 05:54:46 pm »
Downside:
No dealer so hopefully you're a DIYER, including for setup though its not complicated,
Hydrotherapy won't be anything special,
Aesthetics for rotomolded spas aren't equal to standard spas, won't have special lighting, jets will be more basic ... .

Upside:
Rotomolded spas are very durable,
Spare parts should be available when needed,
Most rotomolded spas are 110V but in this case you're ok there with it being 220V. It'll get/stay hot and they have sprayed in foam insulation,
PRICES are lower for these types in general and seems especially so here.

I would hope so, it's a giant rubbermaid tote with a few jets plumbed in  ;D ;D jokes aside as long as your expectations are realistic and in this case the price is obviously right then go for it!

Gibson00

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2021, 01:39:50 pm »
Hi all,

I'm going to preface this by saying I'm sure home Depot isn't the absolute best place for a hot tub, but I just so happen to have a remarkable amount of credit card points I can transform into home Depot gift cards ($6k worth), which is why I'm looking where I am.

Probably a long shot, but is there any way for you to sell those points to someone else, and put the $$ towards a brand name spa?

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2021, 07:07:43 pm »
I would use the points, buy the tub, see if your a "hot tuber" and learn. But don't judge all, by that experience.
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2021, 07:07:43 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42