What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Bromine tabs (without Chloro?)  (Read 1577 times)

CV3720

Bromine tabs (without Chloro?)
« on: July 29, 2021, 01:26:48 pm »
So, all along I thought I was using Bromine tabs in my hot tub.

I just read the ingredients and there's "Chloro" in there. I went online, and it appears most have that formulation.

What's up with this?

Hot Tub Forum

Bromine tabs (without Chloro?)
« on: July 29, 2021, 01:26:48 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Bromine tabs (without Chloro?)
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2021, 01:47:42 pm »

I just read the ingredients and there's "Chloro" in there. I went online, and it appears most have that formulation.

What's up with this?

So many times I've seen/heard people say they use Bromine tabs because they perceive that they have an issue with chlorine (probably actually true about 15% of the time). In reality Bromine tablets always have chlorine as an ingredient and in fact if you use them and the water gets away from you a little (maybe not enough tabs, not enough water flow though the tablet holder, forgot to replenish, over-usage due to a party...) the solution is to toss in some chlorine granules to temporarily prop up the sanitizing.

220, 221, whatever it takes!

CV3720

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2021, 09:18:07 am »

What's up with this?

So many times I've seen/heard people say they use Bromine tabs because they perceive that they have an issue with chlorine (probably actually true about 15% of the time). In reality Bromine tablets always have chlorine as an ingredient and in fact if you use them and the water gets away from you a little (maybe not enough tabs, not enough water flow though the tablet holder, forgot to replenish, over-usage due to a party...) the solution is to toss in some chlorine granules to temporarily prop up the sanitizing.

Thanks

Is there some ratio of Bromo/Chloro to look for?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2021, 09:18:07 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42