Original > Hot Tub Forum

Quick help needed

(1/1)

Chops1857:
Hi all,

I am at my family’s lake house and I am replacing the hot tub water and doing routine maintenance. We use Frog Serene, the Frog bromine floating mineral system. Anyway, prior to putting the bromine and mineral cartridges in, you are supposed to put in a packet of jump start. I forgot the packets at home! D’oh! Here is a description of the product: “ Frog Jump Start Shock 1-dose packets provide dichlor chlorine shock for Spa Frog Bromine & Mineral cartridges at startup. Effervescent action shows it's working. Reduces bromine cartridge load with Frog In-Line or Floating System. Add directly to water.”

Any suggestions on something I can use as a substitute for this step? Thanks for any help!

Sam:
You're probably fine without it.  However you could just throw in some granular chlorine if you are worried about it.

Spatech_tuo:

--- Quote from: Sam on June 16, 2021, 02:11:23 pm ---You're probably fine without it.  However you could just throw in some granular chlorine if you are worried about it.

--- End quote ---

Agreed, that packet you would have thrown in would have gotten you started on having a sanitizer in place until that Frog got up to speed which takes some time but the chlorine granules will do the same and in facts that's one of the main ingredients in that packet you left home.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version