What's the Best Hot Tub

Poll

Do you think the price in 2022 will be?

About the same as 2021 prices
Slightly higher than 2021 prices (5% increase)
Moderately higher than 2021 prices (5%-10% higher)
Significantly higher than 2021 prices (15% higher)
Giant leap higher than 2021 prices (20% or more)
Or do you think the prices will go down in 2022 once the supply chain stuff works itself out

Author Topic: Future Prices  (Read 2988 times)

waterpro

Future Prices
« on: June 14, 2021, 04:18:42 pm »
I've been in the market for a hot tub for the last few months but the delays and huge increase in price has me on the fence right now though. The tub I was going to get a few months ago is about 25% more expensive now which is already forcing us to downgrade from what we wanted.  I was curious what everyone thinks is going to happen in 2022? 

If you guys think there is going to be a significant or giant leap in prices next year, then it makes sense for us to get on the list now. However, if you think the prices will go down after they get caught up and we're over this covid thing, then I'd probably wait it out. I've waited decades to be in a position to buy one so waiting another year or two isn't a huge deal.

I set up the poll so you can vote for as many options as you see fit and it even allows you to change your vote later if something happens.

Thanks everyone! 

Hot Tub Forum

Future Prices
« on: June 14, 2021, 04:18:42 pm »

cranbiz

Re: Future Prices
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2021, 05:09:14 pm »
I don't see the supply chain nor the transportation chain getting much better in the next 6-9 months. My gut feeling is 10-15% higher on next years models. That's including the cost to ship them. I know a couple of manufacturers have surcharged shipments recently by 10%. Eventually the surcharge might drop somewhat but spa parts are not going down. Parts might get more available in 6 months but prices won't drop.

waterpro

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2021, 03:39:00 pm »
No dis-respect to the dealers on the forum when I say this, but I was just thinking that there's not a lot of incentive for the dealers to try and negotiate down the price right now since the demand is so high and supply is so low. I thought I also read that there's a pretty good markup on hot tubs; something like 40%. I was just thinking in the future when the supply chain issues are worked out and dealers start physically holding a large inventory in stock, they may be more willing to negotiate down on the price. idk. That definitely played into my thinking with the poll above. 

Thanks cranbiz and everyone else who's voted so far!

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2021, 03:42:14 pm »
No dis-respect to the dealers on the forum when I say this, but I was just thinking that there's not a lot of incentive for the dealers to try and negotiate down the price right now since the demand is so high and supply is so low. I thought I also read that there's a pretty good markup on hot tubs; something like 40%. I was just thinking in the future when the supply chain issues are worked out and dealers start physically holding a large inventory in stock, they may be more willing to negotiate down on the price. idk. That definitely played into my thinking with the poll above. 

Thanks cranbiz and everyone else who's voted so far!

While I agree with some of what you said but I don’t see that happening until 2023 at the earliest. For the most part the allotment programs are staying in place for 2022. We have a pretty good size allotment for our store for 2021 and I’m already selling tubs that won’t be in until 2022

waterpro

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2021, 07:24:10 pm »
Thank you Hottubguy!  That definitely helps put things in perspective!

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2021, 01:14:42 pm »
Most manufacturers have passed down at least (2) wholesale prices increases + Covid related shipping/packaging/etc. surcharges in the past 12 months, there is rumbling of another 10% coming soon as well so expect everything to go up again, spas that were $10,000 2 years ago are now selling for $13,000 give or take.  I saw a comment above mentioning 6-9 months, I can tell you right now NOBODY will be 'caught up' in 6-9 months or anywhere close to that date, it's going to be 18-24 months at the earliest before these supply chains and manufacturing can catch up and of course like mentioned above the pricing definitely will not 'come down' If you want a spa just best to place your order and wait for it in my opinion. 

CanadianSpaTech

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2021, 07:13:49 am »
Price is what it is and once it goes up it rarely comes down. It is not price that concerns me it's Quality. If you look at spas made prior to the American financial meltdown in 2008/9 and ones made in the following years quality took a big hit and sadly I think it will again. Not a lot of Chinese parts in spas pre meltdown. With domestic shortages I am seeing more and more Chinese made Spas hitting the Retail floor... and killing it.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2021, 07:13:49 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42