What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: crown epic electrical  (Read 3397 times)

hwks88

crown epic electrical
« on: June 13, 2021, 01:19:53 pm »
Anyone know where the electrical entrance is on the Crown Epic?  I'm trying to figure out how long I need to run from my disconnect box to the tub.

Hot Tub Forum

crown epic electrical
« on: June 13, 2021, 01:19:53 pm »

MarKee

Re: crown epic electrical
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2021, 12:06:14 am »
The knock-out from the factory is usually on the front left hand corner.  Left hand side if you were standing in front of the spa on the control panel side.  I would wait until the spa arrived to run the line from your GFCI disconnect in to the spa.

BaggerJay

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2021, 07:26:26 am »
I just got my Epic on Tues. The inlet is on the left front corner. You could drill another hole if you wanted it to enter the right front, but that 6 gauge wire doesn't bend very easily.

gwrace1

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2022, 05:18:15 pm »
@baggerjay How long did you have to wait for your crown epic? I’m thinking of ordering one.

gwrace1

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2022, 02:03:36 pm »
We just placed an order for a Marquis Crown Epic. Our dealer does not do any electrical work. We built a new home in 2019. We have a large covered back porch on an 8 inch concrete pad that is nice and level. All panels rated at 225 amp service.
The rear walls are all stucco. So I'm thinking about running the conduit along the foundation from the closest main panel and pole mounting it the required 5-6 feet from the SPA. My only issue is conduit would then be run from sub-panel on top of the slab to the tub.

Would anyone have any pictures or suggestions of how your electrical panel/conduit and or cutoff was installed on a similar concrete pad setup?.

gwrace1

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2022, 10:43:39 pm »
Anyone know where the electrical entrance is on the Crown Epic?  I'm trying to figure out how long I need to run from my disconnect box to the tub.

I may end up doing our Epic electrical install. I don't need to be in a hurry since tub is not supposed to be delivered until January. I just had a quote come in today for almost 3 grand and the main panel box is just around the corner. I have a couple more quotes scheduled but these prices are really high.

cranbiz

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2022, 09:35:50 am »

I may end up doing our Epic electrical install. I don't need to be in a hurry since tub is not supposed to be delivered until January. I just had a quote come in today for almost 3 grand and the main panel box is just around the corner. I have a couple more quotes scheduled but these prices are really high.

Yes, that is a high quote, sounds like an "I don't want to do this job but will for enough money" price. A 50A GFCI is about $100, 50' of 6-3 NM-B runs about $250, a disconnect panel for the spa is under $50 and sealtite, 1" conduit and fittings are no more than a couple hundred bucks, tops. If an electrician is billing labor at $200 an hour, $1000 for labor would easily cover the time required for this install. If you are comfortable with doing electrical work, do it yourself.

I did mine myself, all to code and from a panel 50' away in less than 8 hours and I'm not a pro.

gwrace1

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2022, 08:34:20 pm »
After getting three sky high quotes just decided to do it myself. Have all the supplies ordered and the job will be to code. At least the electricians were helpful in their recomendations.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2022, 08:34:20 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42