What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: What Supplies & Products for first tub?  (Read 2209 times)

AnderSuitt

What Supplies & Products for first tub?
« on: June 06, 2021, 03:39:45 pm »
Thanks everyone for your help with picking a tub for our family! Our Caldera Cantabria will be here next week, so now I'm trying to figure out what all we need to have to take care of it. I'm a little overwhelmed by which products do what.

The dealer is including 8 months of the Frog @ease Floating System. Some of the other products I've seen/read about are below. Do I need/want any of these or are some of them redundant? Anything I'm missing?
  • Spa Marvel
  • Ahhsome
  • Fill Filter? Brand rec?
  • Spa Vac? Brand rec?
  • ecoone Water Care Kit OR
  • SpaGuard (or other brand?) Maintenance Kit with Total Alkalinity Increaser, Calcium Increaser, PH Increaser/Decreaser
  • Shock products?
  • Defoamer? Brand rec?

Hot Tub Forum

What Supplies & Products for first tub?
« on: June 06, 2021, 03:39:45 pm »

cranbiz

Re: What Supplies & Products for first tub?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2021, 10:33:43 am »
Ahhsome is good, it really works for cleaning out the biogunk and will help minimize chemical usage.

You do not need any other "miracle" chemicals. PH up and PH down and shock. A good test kit. Taylor K2006 is the one I use. The Frog test strips are good for a quick check but can be hard to read and are imprecise. You may need to increase hardness or Alkalinity but test that first. Get your TA to 120-150, then adjust the ph to between 7.2-7.8 and set the @ease system to the setting recommended for the size of the tub. I do get a little foam for a day or 2 after shocking it, maybe defoamer would help but after a couple of days, it's gone. I really don't want to keep adding crap to the water.

My tub has the inline @ease system and it's doing a fine job so far although it's only been 2 weeks. I initially set mine to 2 with a TA of 125 and a ph of 7.6. The chlorine ppm after 2 weeks was between 2 and 3, so I reset my cartridge to 1 to get it to the recommended level for the Frog system to .5-1ppm and will check it a bit later. I also shock once a week right now. We use our tub roughly 30 minutes 5 nights out of 7.

AnderSuitt

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2021, 10:58:09 pm »
Ahhsome is good, it really works for cleaning out the biogunk and will help minimize chemical usage.

You do not need any other "miracle" chemicals. PH up and PH down and shock. A good test kit. Taylor K2006 is the one I use. The Frog test strips are good for a quick check but can be hard to read and are imprecise. You may need to increase hardness or Alkalinity but test that first. Get your TA to 120-150, then adjust the ph to between 7.2-7.8 and set the @ease system to the setting recommended for the size of the tub. I do get a little foam for a day or 2 after shocking it, maybe defoamer would help but after a couple of days, it's gone. I really don't want to keep adding crap to the water.

My tub has the inline @ease system and it's doing a fine job so far although it's only been 2 weeks. I initially set mine to 2 with a TA of 125 and a ph of 7.6. The chlorine ppm after 2 weeks was between 2 and 3, so I reset my cartridge to 1 to get it to the recommended level for the Frog system to .5-1ppm and will check it a bit later. I also shock once a week right now. We use our tub roughly 30 minutes 5 nights out of 7.

Thank you!

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2021, 06:43:28 am »
Get your water tested. You don't need anything until you do that. Then you will know. You go out and by PH up and PH down and one of them you never use.....
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2021, 06:43:28 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42