What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Caldera Price Quotes for in stock Cantabria / Makena  (Read 3655 times)

AnderSuitt

Caldera Price Quotes for in stock Cantabria / Makena
« on: June 02, 2021, 12:52:17 pm »
Me again... Thought we had narrowed it down to the Hot Spring High Life or Bullfrog A Series, but I really like the Caldera (dry test only). Dealer has the following. Are these decent prices?
- Utopia Cantabria: $16,500 incl. Bluetooth (didn't want this but it's already installed), steps, cover lifter, subpanel, delivery, 12 months same as cash
- Paradise Makena: $11,500 incl. steps, subpanel, delivery, 12 months same as cash (cover lifter is $450)

We originally wanted the Geneva, but he won't get any in until September so we could do the bigger Utopia or similar size but step down to Paradise series. The price on the Geneva would be $13,800.

Quotes from other dealers we've spoken to:
- Hot Spring Envoy $14,500 or Aria $13,500 incl delivery and subpanel, available in July
- Bullfrog A7L $12,200, available in July
« Last Edit: June 02, 2021, 03:45:38 pm by AnderSuitt »

Hot Tub Forum

Caldera Price Quotes for in stock Cantabria / Makena
« on: June 02, 2021, 12:52:17 pm »

Sam

Re: Caldera Price Quotes for in stock Cantabria / Makena
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2021, 01:28:23 pm »
Don't know about the others, but An A7L in July for that price is crazy.  I would jump on that in a heartbeat.  Most dealers are thousands more and can't get them even close to that soon.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2021, 01:52:25 pm »
Thought we had narrowed it down to the Hot Spring High Life or Bullfrog A Series, but I really like the Caldera (dry test only). Dealer has the following. Are these decent prices?
- Utopia Cantabria: $16,500 incl. Bluetooth (didn't want this but it's already installed), steps, cover lifter, subpanel, delivery, 12 months same as cash
- Paradise Makena: $11,500 incl. steps, subpanel, delivery, 12 months same as cash (cover lifter is $450)

We originally wanted the Geneva, but he won't get any in until September so we could do the bigger Utopia or similar size but step down to Paradise series. The price on the Geneva would be $13,800.

Quotes from other dealers we've spoken to:
- Hot Spring Envoy $14,500 or Aria $13,500 incl delivery and subpanel, available in July
- Bullfrog A7L $12,200, available in July

If the Caldera is what you want over Hot Springs and Bullfrog (all 3 good choices) then ask yourself which spa you really want to be sitting in for the next 15 years rather than which one you can get next month (IMO of course)! Sounds like you really want the Geneva and generally I'd say hold off for your true #1 choice but at the same time bigger size can be better so if you can't wait and have no issues with the extra cost for the Cantabria then that's not a bad route. Even in this market don't hesitate to try to negotiate some more off their "best" price (they can only say "no") but at the same time don't be shocked if they hold firm, finding buyers isn't a problem for any dealer these days. Once they won't budge on spa price you could try to get things added for free or cost but that's just the way I think as I've seen many deals end with "no that's our best price but we'll give you an additional $100 of supplies for free or 25% off chems the first year...".
220, 221, whatever it takes!

waterpro

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2021, 01:58:35 pm »
AnderSuitt, where are you located?  If you don't want the A7L at that price I'll take it!  The dealer around me is quoting me at $14,500 with pretty much no accessories.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2021, 02:00:25 pm by waterpro »

cranbiz

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2021, 02:01:28 pm »
Actually, it's not Sam but AnderSuitt.

They are in Louisana.

AnderSuitt

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2021, 03:44:44 pm »
Yes, we're in Louisiana. We can add the Wellspring pump for $399 and/or the EOS for $499. I'm not sure if those are things we should add or not. If we get those plus $180 delivery that puts us at $13,577 plus tax. They also have an "unclaimed" A7 coming in June. But I wanted the Lounger.

My husband really likes the jet packs, but likes the size of the Cantabria. I think the biggest reason I preferred the Geneva over the Cantabria was that it was cheaper. If they had both in stock right now for a good price, I'd go with the Geneva to save a little money. But if the Cantabria is a better overall value, I'm ok with that too.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2021, 03:47:54 pm by AnderSuitt »

castletonia

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2021, 09:19:06 pm »
Great price on the Cantabria.  I'm $2k more without music.  I'm also about $1k more on the Makena too.  I've never had a customer regret the Cantabria.  I like it over the Geneva for the ultra massage lounge (you have 6 programmable massage sequences and multiple speeds), the additional space and the step/cooldown seat.  Unless the size or money make it unattainable, its worth it.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2021, 09:52:26 pm »
Caldera is as nice or better than any of those your looking at. Get what makes your butt and wallet happy.
Retired

AnderSuitt

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2021, 10:19:59 pm »
Ok I think you've got me sold. Lol

Sam

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2021, 12:52:04 pm »
Yes, we're in Louisiana. We can add the Wellspring pump for $399 and/or the EOS for $499. I'm not sure if those are things we should add or not. If we get those plus $180 delivery that puts us at $13,577 plus tax. They also have an "unclaimed" A7 coming in June. But I wanted the Lounger.

My husband really likes the jet packs, but likes the size of the Cantabria. I think the biggest reason I preferred the Geneva over the Cantabria was that it was cheaper. If they had both in stock right now for a good price, I'd go with the Geneva to save a little money. But if the Cantabria is a better overall value, I'm ok with that too.

Ahhh, that makes sense on the Bullfrog that they weren't even including delivery, ozone, or circ.  Still a good deal though.

AnderSuitt

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2021, 07:09:01 pm »
Update: We ended up going with the Cantabria. I’m excited (and a little terrified). Will be delivered next week!

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2021, 08:39:22 pm »
Update: We ended up going with the Cantabria. I’m excited (and a little terrified). Will be delivered next week!

Congrats!

Whats the timeline?
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Sammi

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2021, 10:46:44 pm »
I have a Caldera dealer about 25 min from me bit never hit them up. I love my Envoy but that looks like a sweet layout and size. Congrats!

AnderSuitt

« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2021, 12:16:03 pm »

Congrats!

Whats the timeline?

They had it on the showroom floor and will deliver next week. So hopefully we can get the electrician out quickly. We’re in the process of adding a cover to part of our patio but that won’t be done for a month or so.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2021, 01:40:10 pm »
Great tub and a super fair price for immediate delivery.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2021, 01:40:10 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42