What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Shell and Interior Color  (Read 2549 times)

waterpro

Shell and Interior Color
« on: June 03, 2021, 09:12:24 pm »
Curious what shell and interior colors people are getting?   

I'm looking at getting either a Bullfrog or Hot Springs tub soon and I'm not sure what interior color to pick.  Part of me likes black and part of me likes the white.  Curious what you all have, do you still like it, and if you could do it over again, would you pick a different interior and/or exterior color?  Is one easier to clean than the other?  Black would probably hide the dirt more, but at the same time may not reflect the led lights as much at night as white?  Idk.  Just curious what people like and don't like after they've had theirs for a while.

Also, curious, are certain colors more susceptible to warping or delamination or anything like that?

Thanks! 

Hot Tub Forum

Shell and Interior Color
« on: June 03, 2021, 09:12:24 pm »

SquireTrelane

Re: Shell and Interior Color
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2021, 11:04:46 pm »
I wanted something in between but settled on glacier white interior and dark exterior. Why? I didn't want to wait 2 years for a tub! Due to arrive in August...hopefully.

cranbiz

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2021, 08:26:32 am »
I went with Tuscan Sun and I absolutely love the color. I was also fortunate that my dealer had one in Tuscan Sun on order for a stocking order which allowed me to get it faster than ordering one or settling for a different color.

CanadianSpaTech

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2021, 11:00:19 am »
Let me start by saying Daytime hot tubbing is just weird...lol. Having said that my time in the tub is at night... darkness. I prefer the darker colours. White is to bright even at night. A dark colour and the red light is perfect. I want to relax, escape and drift away into the darkness and away from the world around me.

White is like sleeping with the light on... even with the lights off.

d00nut

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2021, 01:16:51 pm »
My normal suggestion if people don't feel strongly about an interior color is the following:
  • Get what you want on the inside.  You never see the inside, unless you are in it.  The outside you will see all the time, make sure that goes with your home for the long haul.
  • Also, the safer colors are white.  If you want something that looks good for a long time, white has been around as long as acrylic has been used in hot tubs, it always looks good. 

However, I have Tuscan Sun.  I dig that color

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2021, 05:06:54 pm »
Curious what shell and interior colors people are getting?   

I'm looking at getting either a Bullfrog or Hot Springs tub soon and I'm not sure what interior color to pick.  Part of me likes black and part of me likes the white.  Curious what you all have, do you still like it, and if you could do it over again, would you pick a different interior and/or exterior color?  Is one easier to clean than the other?  Black would probably hide the dirt more, but at the same time may not reflect the led lights as much at night as white?  Idk.  Just curious what people like and don't like after they've had theirs for a while.

Also, curious, are certain colors more susceptible to warping or delamination or anything like that?

Thanks!
I'm with d00nut on his comments but let me add that a black like color will show too many water spots and calcium buildup for me.

That Tuscan Sun seems popular nowadays, its in the "groovy" category IMO!
« Last Edit: June 07, 2021, 10:20:48 am by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

waterpro

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2021, 12:22:33 am »

Thanks everyone.  I like the comments on keeping it dark at night. 

And cranbiz, that is a nice looking tub!

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2021, 04:58:16 pm »
Here is a few of the most popular colors, I had taken these for a customer to compare because the brochure photos don't do them justice...you have: Midnight, Platinum, Storm Clouds, Pearl, Snow

cranbiz

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2021, 10:38:12 am »
Out of those, I like the Midnight (ie Tuscan Sun) and the Storm Clouds. I'm not a fan of the lighter colors but I can see why some do.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2021, 10:38:12 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42