What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: hot tub start up  (Read 2341 times)

OU812!

hot tub start up
« on: May 12, 2021, 08:59:11 pm »
New tub is finally here (Marquis Show) Looking for a couple of suggestions:
What kind of filter should we attach to the end of water hose to fill tub from well water source? (Has small amount of iron.)
2. Does Spa Marvel work?
Thx!

Hot Tub Forum

hot tub start up
« on: May 12, 2021, 08:59:11 pm »

cranbiz

Re: hot tub start up
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2021, 09:31:25 am »
Thas is what was recommended to me for well water. Pentek DGD-2501 155359-43 Big Blue 10-Inch Sediment Water Filter, 4.5" X 10", 100% Pure Polypropylene Gradient Density Cartridge, 1 micron
I have not got my tub yet so I don't know how well it works.

As far as Spa Marvel, there are both good reviews and bad reviews. If you properly maintain your water, I don't think there is a need for mystery additives. Spa Marvel won't tell you what the ingredients are, just a line of natural enzymes.

One particular website pushes it hard, mainly because they sell it.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2021, 11:31:35 am »
What kind of filter should we attach to the end of water hose to fill tub from well water source? (Has small amount of iron.)
2. Does Spa Marvel work?
Thx!

"Spa Marvel is an all natural hot tub treatment product that can reduce and eliminate the need for many of the chemicals used in traditional spa water care"

Ugh, that's an attempt to make you think their product is a better alternative by using fear of the unknown (sanitizing a hot tub is new to many people) but at best its a sidekick to a sanitizer!

The best thing you can do for your spa is to sanitize it and that means chlorine (or bromine) but for some reason people get in their head that chlorine is a bad thing and companies prey on/create that unfortunate thought by referring to chlorine as a "chemical" as if that's a bad thing. Salt is a chemical compound, oxygen and nitrogen are gaseous chemicals that we need, alcohol, aspirin, sodium bicarbonate (alka-seltzer), baking powder... are chemicals/chem-compunds !! Of course you have to use all chemicals correctly but chlorine has been making drinking water safe for society for a long time and it keeps hot tubs safe to use as well. Maybe its people's experience with community hot tubs that gives them the idea chlorine is bad but that's where they have to jack up the chlorine level and keep it high because a multitude of people are using it. Add to that Marketing people who want to sell you something and know how to demonize another product to sell their own regardless of whether their solution really is better than the other.

Now I'm not against Spa Marvel (don't really have experience with it) or Nature II cartridges (silver) or other options which may HELP your sanitizer... but they are NOT replacements for a sanitizer. At best you can supplement your sanitizer by using those and maybe reduce the amount of work the sanitizer needs to do so it therefore lessens (to a small degree) the amount of sanitizer needed. In the end you need chlorine granules (not the pucks used with pools) or chlorine granules+bleach (if you follow that method) or a salt generator that creates chlorine and keeps it at a proper level ... In the end, chlorine=sanitizer=your-hot-tub-friend.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2021, 08:13:49 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Sam

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2021, 06:27:20 pm »
2. Does Spa Marvel work?
Thx!

"Spa Marvel is an all natural hot tub treatment product that can reduce and eliminate the need for many of the chemicals used in traditional spa water care"

Ugh, that's an attempt to make you think their product is a better  alternative by using fear of the unknown (sanitizing a hot tub is new to any people) but at best its a sidekick to a sanitizer!

The best thing you can do for your spa is to sanitize it and that means chlorine (or bromine) but for some reason people get in their head that chlorine is a bad thing and companies prey on/create that unfortunate thought by referring to chlorine as a "chemical" as if that's a bad thing. Salt is a chemical compound, oxygen and nitrogen are gaseous chemicals that we need, alcohol, aspirin, sodium bicarbonate (alka-seltzer), baking powder... are chemicals/chem-compunds !! Of course you have to use all chemicals correctly but chlorine has been making drinking water safe for society for a long time and it keeps hot tubs safe to use as well. Maybe its people's experience with community hot tubs that gives them the idea chlorine is bad but that's where they have to jack up the chlorine level and keep it high because a multitude of people are using it. Add to that Marketing people who want to sell you something and know how to demonize another product to sell their own regardless of whether their solution really is better than the other.

Now I'm not against Spa Marvel (don't really have experience with it) or Nature II cartridges (silver) or other options which may HELP your sanitizer... but they are NOT replacements for a sanitizer. At best you can supplement your sanitizer by using those and maybe reduce the amount of work the sanitizer needs to do so it therefore lessens (to a small degree) the amount of sanitizer needed. In the end you need chlorine granules (not the pucks used with pools) or chlorine granules+bleach (if you follow that method) or a salt generator that creates chlorine and keeps it at a proper level ... In the end, chlorine=sanitizer=your-hot-tub-friend.

Excellent post

CanadianSpaTech

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2021, 10:53:22 pm »
Chlorine tablets will be in short supply very soon. Supply stock is drying up. I give it another month/2 and you will start having a hard time finding tabs.

Sammi

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2021, 12:36:09 am »
I maintain 2 spas, both Hot Springs. One is new with a salt system and the other is 2004 maintained with Spa Marvel and a bromine floater. Overall I prefer the salt system, but I can honestly say the tub with Spa Marvek is less maintenance. I add less ph decreaser and alkalinity increaser in my older spa. The water feels about the same in both systems. I prefer the smell of my salt water system but that is due to the ozonator. The 2004 spa has a non-working ozonator so its not the water smells bad at all - just not as good.

I have friends that maintain their spas without a salt system or Spa Marvel. Ive been in them and have eatjxe their routines - I prefer a salt system, then Spa Marvel, and then old school.

I'd recommend doing a water routine without, then 4 months or however long later drain/refill and use Spa Marvel. Then decide which works better. Its $50 for a bottle - doesn't exactly break the bank. Then you know if you like it or not.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2021, 12:36:09 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42