What's the Best Hot Tub

Poll

I have the opportunity to buy a 2019 Artesian Elite Pelican Bay hot tub in excellent shape. He wants $9,500, is that a fair price?

Way too high of a price
3 (60%)
A little high on price
1 (20%)
A good deal
1 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Author Topic: 2019 Artesian Elite Pelican Bay (Retails for $15,000). $9,500 price on used  (Read 3201 times)

Berniecoy

I need help!

Hot Tub Forum

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
It's a 9500 dollar tub new, it leaves the dealer it's an 8500 dollar tub, it looses it's warranty its a 7500 dollar tub. One year goes by it's a 6500 dollar tub, 2 years goes by it's a 5500 dollar tub.

Is this through a dealer?
Retired

Berniecoy

Hey there, it’s not at a dealer...it’s a private party. He bought it new in 2019 for $15,000. He now wants $9,500. The warranty doesn’t transfer unfortunately.

Is this too much for a used hot tub?

Sam

It's a little high.  I would say $8k is more reasonable.  Unfortunately, hot tubs lose value pretty significantly when they hit the used market so soon after purchase.  You still need to transfer the hot tub and you don't get a warranty.  If he included professional delivery, a warranty, and dealer support, maybe it would be worth what he is asking.  Or to put it another way, from a dealer it may be worth it but not private seller, which is counter intuitive but reality with this kind of product.  Dealer's take a lot of responsibility on with a sale in our industry.  Or at least a good dealer does.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Hey there, it’s not at a dealer...it’s a private party. He bought it new in 2019 for $15,000. He now wants $9,500. The warranty doesn’t transfer unfortunately.

Is this too much for a used hot tub?

He overpaid when he bought it. It's a 9500 dollar tub new, it leaves the dealer it's an 8500 dollar tub, it looses it's warranty it's an 7500 dollar tub. 2 years old.........your call. I'd offer 6500.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2021, 07:14:29 am by Tman122 »
Retired

cranbiz

$9500 with no warranty and the cost to move is way too high IMHO. Even with the high demand for tubs and the shortages, it's too high.

Only you can decide if it's right though. If it would make you happy and because you can have it now, it might be worth it to you. For me, if is not.

Backcountryluv

Personally, I think this is a decent deal if you can see the tub filled up and in working order, trust that it has been maintained properly, and you have a reliable way to get the tub safely to your house.  I ordered this same tub (Artesian Island Elite Pelican Bay) back in early October 2020 and it was $16,700 (with tax, upgraded elite steps, and lighting package).  Original price was higher, but we got a discount for purchasing with cash.  We are still waiting on ours due to delays.  Current projected delivery is August, but I’m not holding my breath.

All that being said, it would take some convincing to get me to buy a used tub, especially one that expensive, from a private party rather than a dealer. 

Hot Tub Forum

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42