What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Viking Legend 2 Hot tub Help  (Read 1694 times)

de49192

Viking Legend 2 Hot tub Help
« on: August 12, 2021, 03:43:02 pm »
Hi, 
We are looking at purchasing a new hot tub and have somewhat landed on the Viking Legend 2 and I have not been able to find much in regards to reviews/reliability and pricing on these hot tubs.  We have reached out to 2 dealers and one local is quoting 10500 for the Legend 2 plus tax, (includes cover/lifter/startup chemicals)- would be ordered and available in 6-8 weeks.  Another dealer about 4 hours away is quoting at 8300 for very similar package and has them in stock.  I am trying to understand why there is such a price difference and would it be a bad Idea to purchase one from a dealer 4 hours away knowing it will be difficult to get any warranty work done.

Any help is appreciated

We also briefly looked at Saratoga and PDC spas but most everything else was several months to a year or more out.

Hot Tub Forum

Viking Legend 2 Hot tub Help
« on: August 12, 2021, 03:43:02 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Viking Legend 2 Hot tub Help
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2021, 10:31:15 am »
Hi, 
We are looking at purchasing a new hot tub and have somewhat landed on the Viking Legend 2 and I have not been able to find much in regards to reviews/reliability and pricing on these hot tubs.  We have reached out to 2 dealers and one local is quoting 10500 for the Legend 2 plus tax, (includes cover/lifter/startup chemicals)- would be ordered and available in 6-8 weeks.  Another dealer about 4 hours away is quoting at 8300 for very similar package and has them in stock.  I am trying to understand why there is such a price difference and would it be a bad Idea to purchase one from a dealer 4 hours away knowing it will be difficult to get any warranty work done.

Any help is appreciated

We also briefly looked at Saratoga and PDC spas but most everything else was several months to a year or more out.

While I'm never a fan of someone having a dealer any where close to that far away, you just can't get the same level of service in a timely manner and no extra cost. However that price difference is noting to sneeze at so I'd just suggest you get in writing what they would charge for a travel fee (they will even when under warranty) and understand you'll be giving some back when they come out. It will also help if you're pretty self-sufficient to where you'll only need them for obvious service needs and not because you didn't read the manual before calling in on something stumping you or you have a simple fix like an air lock in the pump ... and if in the end the travel fee is reasonable then go for it.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Viking Legend 2 Hot tub Help
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2021, 10:31:15 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42