What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: New Buyer, about a year out  (Read 4692 times)

CanadianSpaTech

Re: New Buyer, about a year out
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2021, 06:35:23 pm »
The tub is really just for 2 people, but maybe 2 or 3 times a year, another couple might hop in. Even though I might have room for an 8 footer, not sure if the size is warranted for that seldom occasion.

You can fly in coach and get where you are going but if you have ever flown first class it's hard to go back to coach...lol Easy for me to say I go through about 30-40 spas a year in my backyard. Like I said earlier buy for YOUR needs and not for company. Hard to wet test these days but should be no issue with getting in one dry at the retailer. Make sure you fit. I have been in spas with "Reverse Pull" neck and shoulder jets and at 6' I don't comfortably fit under them. Waste of a seat for me. When sitting in a dry spa you have to sit with your bum out near the edge of the seat and not all formal like you would in a chair. Think Floaty with the water pushing you out of the seat a bit. I sit in some loungers and half me fat belly and chest sticks out of the water. Sucks in Canadian Winter. I hear a lot of complaint from women that they get pushed up out of the lounger especially if there are leg/calf jets. Again waste of a seat for some and most don't find out until it's installed in their backyard. Research the dealer reputation, Make sure the spa fits you and your needs and stay within your set budget.
Good luck with whatever you decide and please post back down the road and detail your buying experience and possibly help the next person.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2021, 06:35:23 pm »

tnlandsailor

« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2021, 10:38:56 am »
Probably headed to the dealer early next week. I have corresponded with them via e-mail. When I addressed availability, he said if I ordered an Artesian spa that wasn't in stock, my wait time would be 28 months. I was floored. He said that they placed a big order early in the pandemic and have been selling them all year and placing additional orders along the way. There are some showing up in April/May of next year that are not spoken for yet so it would be a matter of assessing my wants/needs with what they have coming in. He would accept a deposit that he said was 100% refundable if I changed my mind. I suppose this is a safe bet since they likely would have no problem selling just about any tub that hit their sales floor.

CanadianSpaTech

« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2021, 01:55:35 pm »
That's the longest by far wait time I've heard.

d00nut

« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2021, 02:23:51 pm »
Artesian new orders are insane.  Into 2024.  They really probably need to shift to an allocation program.  I think everyone else would be there if they didn't dump orders and go to allocation.

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2021, 04:23:54 pm »
Artesian new orders are insane.  Into 2024.  They really probably need to shift to an allocation program.  I think everyone else would be there if they didn't dump orders and go to allocation.

they will have to, and also most likely stop new orders for 30-90 days while they catch up otherwise what they are doing is not sustainable imo

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2021, 04:24:29 pm »
That's the longest by far wait time I've heard.

edit: double

cranbiz

« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2021, 09:45:06 am »
That's an insane wait time but unfortunately, it is what it is. I know at this time, Artesian is at least 12-16 weeks behind, mostly due to lack of parts. I know that the lower tier Artesian's like the Garden Spa's and the South Seas Spa's are using Gecko packs temporarily simply due to the unavailability of Balboa Packs.

My tub, which was ordered for dealer stock back in Aug of 2020 and was delivered to the dealer the beginning of May and to me, mid May. A friend of mine who bought an Artesian that was ordered for dealer stock in Nov of 20 has a latest estimate for delivery in October, originally believed to be Mid July.

Not sure how they can get caught up unless they do stop taking new orders for several months.

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2021, 02:03:57 pm »
That's an insane wait time but unfortunately, it is what it is. I know at this time, Artesian is at least 12-16 weeks behind, mostly due to lack of parts. I know that the lower tier Artesian's like the Garden Spa's and the South Seas Spa's are using Gecko packs temporarily simply due to the unavailability of Balboa Packs.

My tub, which was ordered for dealer stock back in Aug of 2020 and was delivered to the dealer the beginning of May and to me, mid May. A friend of mine who bought an Artesian that was ordered for dealer stock in Nov of 20 has a latest estimate for delivery in October, originally believed to be Mid July.

Not sure how they can get caught up unless they do stop taking new orders for several months.

they will have to, again just letting everyone order as much as they want is not sustainable right now, you need to limit your dealers so spas can go out in 5-7 months otherwise that list will just continue to build especially now as we head into state fair season/fall which is obviously a very busy time for dealers across the country.  Hopefully these big Artesian dealers were savvy enough to pick up some other manufacturers otherwise attempting to sell spas with a 12-18+ month time-frame is going to be a huge struggle imo.

cranbiz

« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2021, 02:31:20 pm »
My dealer already was a dealer for Marquis and they had said when I bought mine that they had another line coming in, I believe it was Bullfrog but I'm not 100% sure and my memory is faded on that. I do know it was a brand I saw elsewhere and wouldn't work for me due to nothing that would fit in the opening the tub had to go thru.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2021, 02:31:20 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42