What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Newbie needs help deciding - Nordic, Dream maker, Aqualiving  (Read 2465 times)

joannep

Newbie needs help deciding - Nordic, Dream maker, Aqualiving
« on: April 23, 2021, 06:16:25 pm »
I started out wanting a plug and play and quickly realized I want a 220v to do it right.  I started out in the 5k range, and I quickly learned I can't get much for that.  SO...now Im between the following:  Nordic (either escape or encore) - both will cost over 7k.  Aqualiving has a model called 'tranquility' that is much closer to my price range...but they are factory direct and I'm a bit concerned about what I will recieve.  Any advice from those of you that have gone through this will help.  Thanks! 

Hot Tub Forum

Newbie needs help deciding - Nordic, Dream maker, Aqualiving
« on: April 23, 2021, 06:16:25 pm »

Sam

Re: Newbie needs help deciding - Nordic, Dream maker, Aqualiving
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2021, 01:54:44 pm »
Run from aqualiving as fast as you can.  Mediocre product with shady business practices and terrible customer service.

Nordic is a good basic hot tub.  Solid build quality and good reputation. 

cranbiz

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2021, 11:51:47 am »
I looked at Aqua Living. I was very put off by the dealer. They would not show me the insides of the tub, wouldn't even consider a wet test even though they had a couple of tubs with water in them. Wanted to push financing even though I was paying cash.

Controls were proprietary, lots of jets but they were all small and in the tub they actually let me sit in dry, the placement of the jets didn't seem to be the best. I just wasn't impressed with them at all and then reading the reviews, found them to be just like @sam said. Mediocre product, questionable dealer tactics and then they are actually an LPI product, which I had nothing but bad experiences with my first tub years ago. That was before the internet and it was a mistake I hope to never make again.

d00nut

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2021, 12:10:15 pm »
I generally do try to not bash other companies in this business... but I just sold a new hot tub to a gentleman who was wondering why I was so much more expensive over his last hot tub (a Dr. Wellness from Aqua Living.)

I asked him what he meant.  He bought a 7 x 7 with a stereo from them for $7500 less than 2 years ago and it's completely fallen apart.  A Jet Pump stopped working, lights don't work (most likely because the cabinet fell off and a rat got in there.  Less than 2 years.  No service techs around that are "authorized." 

So he is buying a hot tub less than 2 years into that one, with no attempt on Aqua Living's part to make it better.

I told him it sounds like he paid for the super expensive hot tub once already.  A legit brand you should get more than 2 years out of...

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2021, 05:18:41 pm »
I generally do try to not bash other companies in this business... but I just sold a new hot tub to a gentleman who was wondering why I was so much more expensive over his last hot tub (a Dr. Wellness from Aqua Living.)

I asked him what he meant.  He bought a 7 x 7 with a stereo from them for $7500 less than 2 years ago and it's completely fallen apart.  A Jet Pump stopped working, lights don't work (most likely because the cabinet fell off and a rat got in there.  Less than 2 years.  No service techs around that are "authorized." 

So he is buying a hot tub less than 2 years into that one, with no attempt on Aqua Living's part to make it better.

I told him it sounds like he paid for the super expensive hot tub once already.  A legit brand you should get more than 2 years out of...

I will since I have direct experience with them, LPI is trash, run don't walk away from that product or any of the names they build that stuff under and you'll save yourself a bunch of headaches.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2021, 05:18:41 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42