Brand Specific Forums > Hot Spring Spas

Hotspring Flair, Caldera Makena

(1/2) > >>

heliguy:
Hey everyone.

I moved almost a year ago and left my bullfrog R7L behind. Today I reached out to the local dealer on prices on the Hotspring Flair and Caldera Makena and got pricing for 14-15k base. This seems high to me, I'm in the northeast US. I'm all about supporting local business and buying a quality tub with local service, but a 3-5k (I think) pandemic markup seems excessive. Thoughts?

Hottubguy:
On the Makena it’s a bit higher then where we are at but prices have shot up considerably in the last 8-12 months. I have a feeling they are going up again.  Freight especially for people in northeast (I’m in Mass) have more then doubled this past year

heliguy:
That's what I am concerned about... I can certainly wait another 6 months if it drives prices down. I'm ready to buy now, but paying a 30-40% markup is insane..... Curious what input others have

castletonia:

--- Quote from: heliguy on April 22, 2021, 06:46:11 pm ---That's what I am concerned about... I can certainly wait another 6 months if it drives prices down. I'm ready to buy now, but paying a 30-40% markup is insane..... Curious what input others have

--- End quote ---

Prices will probably never go back down.  Only thing that will change is your ability to successfully negotiate more.  Waiting another 6-9 months to purchase will only result in you paying more than you would have today and waiting another 9-12 months to get the hot tub you want.

heliguy:
I don't really agree with that. You may have more insight than I do, depending on who you are, but I expect more tubs available on the second hand market in the next year to two, and demand for new tubs to drop as more of the nation opens back up. I understand that demand is crazy high right now, but the tub industry can't possibly survive with 30% markups in perpetuity when the products are available elsewhere.

That being said, I'm not looking for a 2009 price in 2021, I am however looking for a fair price.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version