What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Bullfrog A7 vs Hotspring Vanguard  (Read 1948 times)

Monte73

Bullfrog A7 vs Hotspring Vanguard
« on: April 22, 2021, 11:13:25 am »
Hello everyone,

My wife and I are finally in the market to get a hot tub for our home, we are very excited as we have been talking about it for years.  Our primary dealers around us sell either HotSpring/Caldera or Bullfrog but unfortunately none of them are setup to do any wet tests so we are doing the best we can to go by specs, features, opinions, etc. to make our decision.  As of right now we have narrowed it down to either the Bullfrog A7 or the Hotspring Vanguard.

I like the ability to customize our jet setup with Bullfrog and if we ever realized we don't really care for a certain jet pack we can always buy a replacement rather than a whole new hot tub unlike other manufacturers.  However, I also like you get 2 of the Moto Massage jets with the Vanguard too and my wife feels that the lighting with the Hotspring is better and more customizable.  Then we look at the specs and we see that although the size difference is negligible with the Bullfrog only being an inch bigger both in width and length while depth is both at 36", the Bullfrog still holds 100 more gallons than the Vanguard so it seems like the interior is still much roomier on the Bullfrog.  I am not concerned about salt water systems so that is not something we are looking at for a selling point.  I do like the Vanguard already has a built in continuous filtration system where the Bullfrog it is optional accessory instead costing an extra $300.  In the grand scheme of things, the extra $300 is not a big deal considering the cost of the tub anyway but I still like that it is standard on the Vanguard.  The price is not really a factor either as they are both within about $500 especially when any options and accessories are added.

I tend to be leaning more towards the Bullfrog right now but still looking for opinions from others who have either tested both or have either to see what you like or don't like about it?  Also, how is the water pressure of the jets in the Bullfrog considering it is not direct plumbing like other hot tubs?

Thanks in advance,
Ron

Hot Tub Forum

Bullfrog A7 vs Hotspring Vanguard
« on: April 22, 2021, 11:13:25 am »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: Bullfrog A7 vs Hotspring Vanguard
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2021, 02:11:46 pm »
If 1 spa is 1" bigger in length and width but the same depth there is no way its 100 extra gallons because that would be about a 25% increase. Something doesn't make sense and frankly customers shouldn't be looking at total gallons anyway plus when they're always rounded up you have to wonder if the /marketing department came up with the figures. Ask about the cost os switching jet packs, people rarely do after the initial purchase based on price and the fact you won't feel a need.

Two very well respected brands so you really can't go wrong either way. I like that you're not worried about the small price difference, its pretty meaningless spread out over the next 10-15 years. In general (and without being able to wet test), assuming you like each dealer similarly (dealer satisfaction after delivery is huge) I'd suggest you go with your gut as to which spa you really think is best for you once you fill it.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2021, 05:00:13 pm »
Both are great brands from a construction/warranty standpoint.  I'll comment because I've sat in both dozens of times FYI but I'll take a Bullfrog for these reasons, again just my opinions your mileage may vary.

1. 4 corner seats, the A7 has them, the Vanguard doesn't, you and guests will want to spend 99% of the time in 'corner seats' so having an extra one is a big advantage for myself personally.
2. Jetting...moto jets are great but I don't need nor want them in both of the seats (again those comfy corner seats) where I'll spend 99% of my time and as far as comparing the rest of the jets, the jetpak option(s) allow you to choose from better options than what I call 'the (3) industry standard' jets which are spinners, large & small directional jets found in the Hot Spring.

That's about it for my opinion, again both well built, well insulated with top level warranties by top manufacturers but for those reasons alone I take the Bullfrog, just my .02 Good Luck!

heliguy

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2021, 08:34:08 pm »
I had an R7L for nearly 3 years, 3 different tubs since the acrylic needed warranteed. Small deformation on the exterior where it wraps around the enclosure, didnt affect the tub operation but was certainly cosmetic when viewed from the right angle.

I cannot speak to any other manufacturer, but the bullfrog is a great tub overall. I would heed the advice of the other posters regarding corner seats. Middle seats are basically just rest/cooldown seats, the corner seats are where the magic happens. On that note, My wife uses my hot tub more than me and she spends 80% of her time in there with the jets OFF. YMMV

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2021, 08:34:08 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42