What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: New Hot Tub  (Read 4431 times)

shyn264

New Hot Tub
« on: April 13, 2021, 09:31:33 pm »
I have been lurking for a little while. For years I have been wanting a hot tub. Now, the moment has finally come. We have moved to a new house and we have proper space for a tub. We are looking for ~6 people hot tub with is roughly 7ftx7ft. I am steering away from loungers. There are 4 of us in the house that will use it. Me being the primary one. We want the hot tub for mostly relaxation. I have done my rounds with different Buffalo area dealers. Here is the list I came up with:

MARQUIS   V84 ($9,000)+  VEGAS ELITE ($8,200), NORDIC   JUBILEE LS($7,700), HOTSPRING FLASH ($11,800)+ RHYTHM($9,000), JACUZZI J345 ($9,700) ARTESIAN CAPTIVA ELITE ($11,100)
D1  NAUTIQUE (waiting for phonecall) SUNDANCE  HANOVER (780) ($9,900)+OPTIMA (880)($14,900 - a bit too pricey for us)

None were wet tested since most do not have many on display. We have sat down in several but not all. Most price tags come with steps, cover, ozonator (depending on the manufacturer), and delivery. I know most of these are very good brands but can you please help me narrow down my choices?  Thanks in advance.

Hot Tub Forum

New Hot Tub
« on: April 13, 2021, 09:31:33 pm »

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Re: New Hot Tub
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2021, 11:46:30 am »
I have been lurking for a little while. For years I have been wanting a hot tub. Now, the moment has finally come. We have moved to a new house and we have proper space for a tub. We are looking for ~6 people hot tub with is roughly 7ftx7ft. I am steering away from loungers. There are 4 of us in the house that will use it. Me being the primary one. We want the hot tub for mostly relaxation. I have done my rounds with different Buffalo area dealers. Here is the list I came up with:

MARQUIS   V84 ($9,000)+  VEGAS ELITE ($8,200), NORDIC   JUBILEE LS($7,700), HOTSPRING FLASH ($11,800)+ RHYTHM($9,000), JACUZZI J345 ($9,700) ARTESIAN CAPTIVA ELITE ($11,100)
D1  NAUTIQUE (waiting for phonecall) SUNDANCE  HANOVER (780) ($9,900)+OPTIMA (880)($14,900 - a bit too pricey for us)

None were wet tested since most do not have many on display. We have sat down in several but not all. Most price tags come with steps, cover, ozonator (depending on the manufacturer), and delivery. I know most of these are very good brands but can you please help me narrow down my choices?  Thanks in advance.

Sorry to disappoint but I can't really narrow your search for the most part and commenting on price isn't my thing. I will say there isn't a brand that doesn't belong in the conversation. If others comment on prices just realize they may be in a market where tubs are clearly higher or lower so if yours are not directly in line take it with a grain of salt but its good to get as much feedback as possible, just be sure to filter it.

You can't really wet test due to current conditions with dealer stock on showrooms which is understandable nowadays and my reply to that is always "if you can't wet test it, stick with a non-lounge spa" but you've already done that so kudos there. Lounges are fine IF they fit you but if not they take up considerable space and you seem to plan to fill that tub with people.

You've also shopped around which is good but you might want to narrow that down to fewer choices/dealers. Dealer confidence is huge so if a couple stand out to you as maybe giving you a feeling they'll be more apt to be there for you after the check clears and the spa is delivered then give them added weight and of course if a couple do the opposite you might cross them off the list as you have plenty of options.

Whatever you get, it'll sit in your yard for the next decade plus so get what you truly want/need. Its your budget (not mine) but to me a $1 or 2 k difference doesn't seem so big when you factor that you plan to have the spa for the next 15 years. At the same time sometimes more expensive isn't better if its not truly giving you something uniquely desired or more of something somehow.

Thins like build quality, insulating ability, warranty follow through... are not easy things for a customer to get a feel for especially since everyone will tell you how theirs are top-notch in every area but just be a critic of every answer you get and ask questions. I'd also let them each know you're looking around and when you narrow it further I'd ask "I need to know your very best deal on spa XXX as I'm making my final decision". Some may sweeten the pot a bit more even though they really know they can just sell it to someone else in this market.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2021, 05:33:39 pm by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2021, 04:46:44 pm »
They are all good tubs but you have quite a variety of different models from low end to the top end. I would narrow it down a little more. Will say the price on Marquis is super low and price on Nordic is inline with what I sell them for

CanadianSpaTech

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2021, 05:09:15 pm »
Dealer Dealer Dealer... As an Independent Service Tech and plenty of time spent working for both retailers/dealers and manufacturers I cannot count how many times I have gotten phone calls from folks that spent VERY good money on a spa and can't get reliable service from the dealer.  A lot of retailers source out their service and things can get bad. Calls from manufacturers asking if I can help the customer out because the customer is their wits end and has gone around the dealer and to the manufacturer. I have had several people literally crying over the phone because they were so frustrated. Dealer reputation and standing must to be thoroughly vetted as part of your buying process. Good Luck with what ever you decide. Enjoy

shyn264

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2021, 12:33:43 am »
I appreciate all of the great feedback. My head is spinning with all the different options, models, etc.

I looked over the design, fit, cost, and dealer (rating/reviews) which led me to decrease my selection ever so slightly to Marquis V84, Hotspring Flash, Jacuzzi J345, and Artesian Captiva Elite. Is there another way that you can perhaps narrow down my selection? Perhaps based on warranty/insulation/reliability/customer service/parts availability/etc.? Thanks again. 

MarKee

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2021, 03:58:18 am »
Buy the Marquis, those prices are insanely low.  Not sure how the dealer can sell them at that price.

shyn264

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2021, 12:10:52 am »
I think I have narrowed it down to either Marquis V84 or J-345. Hotspring and Artesian I have removed because they are >$11k. Marquis delivery time would be sometime in June/July, while J345 looks more like mid to late Sept. Both will have full foam. V84 is a bit cheaper. J345 offers a better warranty (10yr shell structure, 7yrs surface, 5yrs equip./controls/plumbing) vs. V84 (5yrs shell structure, 2 yrs surface, 3yrs equip./controls/plumbing).

shyn264

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2021, 09:10:05 pm »
So I am still struggling. I have dry tested J345 however, I cannot find V84 anywhere near me. I am leaning towards V84 based on the research I have done. I am concerned about different seat heights more specifically the seats to each side of the controller. They seem pretty high but maybe my perception is off. I am judging it by whatever pics I can find online. Am I overthinking it? :) After all, it's not a small investment. Thanks. 
« Last Edit: May 03, 2021, 09:25:33 pm by shyn264 »

Gibson00

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2021, 09:45:06 am »
Not a whole lot to add, other than in my limited experience, I would now never ever buy a tub without at least getting to dry test it.
We are waiting for our second Arctic Spa, and while shopping for it, I almost decided to go for a model that is one of their more popular ones, and then I sat in it and it was one of the most uncomfortable I had ever experienced. 

Spoiledrotten

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2021, 08:05:47 am »
Since you can’t wet test, have you search for YouTube videos of other people wet testing the tubs you’re interested in.  I’m not “for” any specific brand. I am not a dealer, a tech, or manf., for any... Simply a 9 year owner of the Hot Spring Envoy. 

I was experimenting with your choice and found this vid.  Since it from the manf., it might not be as truthful as you need, and although it looks to be deep enough, those models might not be but 5’4’’. 

https://youtu.be/y7pKcJ2uNDM
"A bend in the road is not the end of the road... unless you fail to make the turn."

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2021, 08:05:47 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42