What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Temperature setpoint for solar heating swim spa cover?  (Read 1388 times)

brownnugen

Temperature setpoint for solar heating swim spa cover?
« on: April 05, 2021, 09:42:35 pm »
I am getting Modern Spa Covers for my dual temp swim spa (Tidalfit DTL-8), which is an L shape so I need to have 2 separate covers.  I opted for the Solar Suncatcher option, which has "Two small fans inside each side of a SunCatcher cover circulate air in small passages right under the top and bottom of the cover. An electronic controller allows you to set your preferred temperature for the fans to turn off so your spa doesn't overheat.  The standard setpoint range is 95-104F.  If you have a swim spa and need a lower setpoint, we can customize the control for you."

The setpoint of 95- 104F is good for the hot tub side, but my question is what temperature should I specify setpoint range for the swim side?  I thought I read the recommended temperature to swim is around 85-90 degrees; is that correct?  I plan to swim between 45-60 minutes each time? 

Hot Tub Forum

Temperature setpoint for solar heating swim spa cover?
« on: April 05, 2021, 09:42:35 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42