What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Questions about Saltwater maintenance routine  (Read 2122 times)

gwmac

Questions about Saltwater maintenance routine
« on: April 03, 2021, 07:44:26 pm »
I ordered my new Jetsetter LX 8 months ago and it has finally arrived. Yay!  Anyway, they will be delivering it soon after I can get an electrician to swap out my old GFCI. This is not my first hot tub but it is my first by Hot Springs with saltwater so I have a few questions.

1) Are those silver cartridges that need replacing every 4 months worth it? Do they really add anything of value to water purity?
2) Any tips or tricks to get the salt cartridges to last more than 4 months through cleaning or anything else? I know that good water chemistry is essential to even reach 4 months.
3) What is your weekly or monthly routine for adding chlorine, shock, or anything else.
4) Since it is a brand new tub should I fill it and use a cleaner to remove crus that might have gathered at factory or maybe consider asking dealer to that before delivery if possibe? Or just fill it and start using.
5) I was also curious about using ionRX which is copper based instead of the silver cartridge which would be much cheaper. I also used to use a copper solution (different brand)  with my last hot tub along with chlorine and it worked well. I wrote the company and here is their reply.

"many clients use ionrx in conjunction with salt systems. You just need to make sure your salt system can keep the chlorine level low enough...around 1 ppm.

Regarding the silver...it will work in conjunction with ionrx but not necessary. Our original formula used silver with copper but we realized it didn't add much in regards to performance and added a great deal to the cost."

Does a chlorine level around 1ppm with copper sound like a good idea? ANy other tips or suggestions from you Hot Spring saltwater veterans is appreciated.

Hot Tub Forum

Questions about Saltwater maintenance routine
« on: April 03, 2021, 07:44:26 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42