What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Skin allergy- advice needed please  (Read 2628 times)

Fairy

Skin allergy- advice needed please
« on: March 14, 2021, 01:55:37 pm »
From the UK:
We have an inflatable hot tub and have always been careful with the chemicals and changing the filter and after 2 months I have become allergic to the water. It seems like its a chlorine allergy but no one else in the family affected. Does anyone have any advice please on what i can try as an alternative? We have tried bromine but no improvement. I have been researching different products but there are so many I’m completely confused. Does anyone have any experience with nature2 spa sticks? Can they be used in inflatable tubs? Other products I have come across are aquafinesse, aquablanc, spa frog and aqua sparkle? Thank you in advance for any help at all, I’ve not been able to go in now for 2  months.

Hot Tub Forum

Skin allergy- advice needed please
« on: March 14, 2021, 01:55:37 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: Skin allergy- advice needed please
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2021, 08:04:41 am »
From the UK:
We have an inflatable hot tub and have always been careful with the chemicals and changing the filter and after 2 months I have become allergic to the water. It seems like its a chlorine allergy but no one else in the family affected. Does anyone have any advice please on what i can try as an alternative? We have tried bromine but no improvement. I have been researching different products but there are so many I’m completely confused. Does anyone have any experience with nature2 spa sticks? Can they be used in inflatable tubs? Other products I have come across are aquafinesse, aquablanc, spa frog and aqua sparkle? Thank you in advance for any help at all, I’ve not been able to go in now for 2  months.

With granular chlorine you should be able to sanitize your tub after your soak and then not soak again until the sanitizer level is down to drinking water levels, .5 PPM or lower, is this still to much chlorine for your skin? What PPM level of chlorine are you soaking in now?
Retired

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2021, 04:17:26 pm »
From the UK:

With granular chlorine you should be able to sanitize your tub after your soak and then not soak again until the sanitizer level is down to drinking water levels, .5 PPM or lower, is this still to much chlorine for your skin? What PPM level of chlorine are you soaking in now?

Agreed, add granular chlorine after you soak and then check chlorine level 24 hrs later, it should be way down.

BTW, there is chlorine in the bromine tabs.

Also, how did you conclude that your issue is a reaction to the chlorine?
220, 221, whatever it takes!

CanadianSpaTech

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2021, 05:08:03 pm »
Little red bumps or a light red rash? See/Google Hot Tub Folliculitis. Recommend purging the system with Ahh-Some line cleaner to flush the Bio Film out of the plumbing lines. Bio film and bacterium will collect in the lines rather quickly in such a small body of water with a sub par filtration system.

Folliculitis is a common skin condition in which hair follicles become inflamed. It's usually caused by a bacterial or fungal infection. At first it may look like small red bumps or white-headed pimples around hair follicles — the tiny pockets from which each hair grows.Aug. 18, 2020
Symptoms: Rash
« Last Edit: March 15, 2021, 05:09:53 pm by CanadianSpaTech »

xMeta4x

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2021, 05:49:12 am »
Do you just mean itchy? I get this when my water gets old (after about 2 months, which yours is). Try draining and refilling etc. You should do this around every 2 months anyway.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2021, 05:49:12 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42