What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Dual Zone Chlorine/Bromine  (Read 1286 times)

WilfridLaurier

Dual Zone Chlorine/Bromine
« on: March 13, 2021, 11:07:14 am »
Hi,
Sorry if this has been asked before but I haven't found any advice on this.

I have a dual zone hot tub/swim-spa. The retailer said I should choose between Chlorine and Bromine and keep both zones on the same system. I've been going with Chlorine on both for about 6 months now. It's pretty obvious after 6 months of doing this that the Chlorine really needs to be constantly monitored and topped up on the hot tub side, due to the poorer performance at higher temperature.

I'm wondering if it's a bad idea to switch the hot-tub side onto Bromine for the higher temperature and keep the Swim Spa on Chlorine. The retailer said I shouldn't do this but I haven't yet seen a good idea as to why - besides the danger of accidentally mixing up chemicals.

thanks for any feedback!

Hot Tub Forum

Dual Zone Chlorine/Bromine
« on: March 13, 2021, 11:07:14 am »

SerjicalStrike

• Reinstate Hank Williams!!
    • Great Bay Spa and Sauna
Re: Dual Zone Chlorine/Bromine
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2021, 08:22:35 am »
Chlorine doesn't really need to be topped off all the time.  If you use the spa a few times per week, just get the chlorine up to the 3-5ppm range after you use it.  If you go more than 3 days without using the spa, then go ahead and add some more chlorine.  But if you are using the spa a few nights a week, adding the chlorine after you get out should be all you need. 

Hot Tub Forum

Re: Dual Zone Chlorine/Bromine
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2021, 08:22:35 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42