What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Frog @ease system for Bullfrog  (Read 4125 times)

wcmorris

Frog @ease system for Bullfrog
« on: March 05, 2021, 10:59:49 am »
Anyone here use the Bullfrog proprietary @ease system? Considering it as prepare to pre-order an A7L. Seems like it can get expensive. How often are you replacing the cartridges? Is the Frog floating system better since you can buy replacements on Amazon and not need to go through the dealer? I've also seen some YouTube videos of how to refill the regular ones to make it less expensive. 

Hot Tub Forum

Frog @ease system for Bullfrog
« on: March 05, 2021, 10:59:49 am »

cranbiz

Re: Frog @ease system for Bullfrog
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2021, 11:26:51 am »
My Artesian is coming with the @ease system. I'm still lukewarm about it. It's not proprietary to Bullfrog but it is a system that you can only buy @ease supplies for and no one has figured out how to rebuild the smartchlor cartridge.

You can buy the @ease cartridges on Amazon.

My dealer said 3-4 weeks on a smartchlor and 3-4 months on the Natures2 cartridge. I have seen reports of them only lasting a couple of weeks to reports on lasting a month. I will try it for a few months and if it doesn't work to my expectations, I'm going to switch to a SWCG, probably the Saltron mini.

wcmorris

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2021, 01:28:14 pm »
My Artesian is coming with the @ease system. I'm still lukewarm about it. It's not proprietary to Bullfrog but it is a system that you can only buy @ease supplies for and no one has figured out how to rebuild the smartchlor cartridge.

My dealer said 3-4 weeks on a smartchlor and 3-4 months on the Natures2 cartridge. I have seen reports of them only lasting a couple of weeks to reports on lasting a month. I will try it for a few months and if it doesn't work to my expectations, I'm going to switch to a SWCG, probably the Saltron mini.

You'll have to post a follow up after you've used it for a few months.

I know the @ease system isn't Bullfrog proprietary in general but I'm talking about the one Bullfrog sells with their spas that is shared and formed to fit over the filters. I believe that design is proprietary and only fits on Bullfrog spas. I looked on Amazon and can't find those specific ones. Amazon only sells the regular ones that are cylindrical shaped and float in the water.   

castletonia

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2021, 02:07:18 pm »
I have inline @ease on my Hot Spring SX, but functionally it should be the same as Bullfrogs.  Generally speaking, I am happy with the system.  Mineral cartridge lasts 4 months and I have gotten anywhere from 3-5 weeks out of my SmartChlor cartridge.  I have noticed my pH and alkalinity drift downward with this system so I have to add alkalinity increaser every 10-14 days.  Other than that, I am satisfied.

You likely will have actual Smartchlor cartridge life of 2-3 weeks on larger hot tubs.  If you have to use the higher settings, you cartridge will empty quicker.  If your pH or alkalinity bottom out, the cartridge will empty quickly.  If you are looking for a proven system that is easy to use, I think this is a great option.  If you are looking for the least expensive way to treat your water, I would go another route.

cranbiz

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2021, 02:09:45 pm »

I know the @ease system isn't Bullfrog proprietary in general but I'm talking about the one Bullfrog sells with their spas that is shared and formed to fit over the filters. I believe that design is proprietary and only fits on Bullfrog spas. I looked on Amazon and can't find those specific ones. Amazon only sells the regular ones that are cylindrical shaped and float in the water.

Got you.

It does appear that Bullfrog is pulling a fast one on this. The Artesian system is the in line cylinders that everyone sells and that you find on an @ease equipped Caldera and Hot Springs.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2021, 07:39:23 pm »

Got you.

It does appear that Bullfrog is pulling a fast one on this. The Artesian system is the in line cylinders that everyone sells and that you find on an @ease equipped Caldera and Hot Springs.

The Bullfrog one is specifically for Bullfrog tubs. Artesian, Caldera, Marquis and Hot Springs all use the same one

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2021, 07:39:23 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42