What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Help me choose my first new tub!  (Read 3245 times)

hingisfan

Help me choose my first new tub!
« on: March 11, 2020, 06:09:46 pm »
Hi guys,
Ive done my online research and visited all my local reputable dealers.
In Kingston Ontario Canada, so dealing with Cdn dollars, and a cold winter climate, will be running tub all year.

Local dealers I trust (somewhat anyway) are limited to Artesian, Coast, and Beachcomber.  I also have access to Master Spas and they say they sell and service lots in my area, but there is no showroom within 2 hours of me, so they must contract out warranty work.

Artesian
South Seas 748B with full foam pkg, lighting pkg, and S/S jet pkg $8299
Island Captiva 52 $10,699
I like all the upgrades that the Captiva gives, and it did seem to fit me better, but an extra $2400 seems like a lot.

Coast
Element or Apex in the same $ ballpark....havent researched them as much as Artesian
On my local dealer website it says they have the Freedom 40 on clearance for 10k.  I assume thats a model from last year, as it's no longer on the Coast website.  Is this a killer deal if they still have them?

Beachcomber
Seem very pricy in store.  Could order from Costco in Canada as well.  I called, and Beachcomber assured me the Costco tubs are built to the same quality as the store models, and are all full foam.

Nobody around here seems to wet test, so I am limited to dry testing what is on the small showroom floors here.
Anything jump out at you guys? 
Thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

Help me choose my first new tub!
« on: March 11, 2020, 06:09:46 pm »

CanadianSpaTech

Re: Help me choose my first new tub!
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2020, 08:47:19 pm »
Kingston, ON is kind of an Island. Half way between everything but close to nothing and not large enough to support more than a few stores. I suggest you check out http://www.thehottubpeople.com/ in Peterborough. They have a large selection of different spa brands. Bit of a trip but might be worth it to get what you want and they should have a service connection for your area. Not affiliated with them in any way.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2020, 08:50:00 pm by CanadianSpaTech »

SKhottubguy

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2021, 10:26:34 pm »
The price for the Coast Freedom is similar to today’s pricing. What do you decide.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2021, 10:40:36 am »
Hi guys,
Ive done my online research and visited all my local reputable dealers.
In Kingston Ontario Canada, so dealing with Cdn dollars, and a cold winter climate, will be running tub all year.

Local dealers I trust (somewhat anyway) are limited to Artesian, Coast, and Beachcomber.  I also have access to Master Spas and they say they sell and service lots in my area, but there is no showroom within 2 hours of me, so they must contract out warranty work.

Artesian
South Seas 748B with full foam pkg, lighting pkg, and S/S jet pkg $8299
Island Captiva 52 $10,699
I like all the upgrades that the Captiva gives, and it did seem to fit me better, but an extra $2400 seems like a lot.

Coast
Element or Apex in the same $ ballpark....havent researched them as much as Artesian
On my local dealer website it says they have the Freedom 40 on clearance for 10k.  I assume thats a model from last year, as it's no longer on the Coast website.  Is this a killer deal if they still have them?

Beachcomber
Seem very pricy in store.  Could order from Costco in Canada as well.  I called, and Beachcomber assured me the Costco tubs are built to the same quality as the store models, and are all full foam.

Nobody around here seems to wet test, so I am limited to dry testing what is on the small showroom floors here.
Anything jump out at you guys?
Thanks!

1) Easy for me to say since its NOT MY $$ but think of that added cost spread out over the next 15 years. If its giving you an upgraded spa and you say the upgrades and the fit of that spa are better be careful that you're not selling yourself short by settling for the lower cost version. Mentally amortize that added cost over time in order to get what you're admitting is the better choice for for you!!

2) Clearance? I have a hard time believing any hot tub is truly on clearance since people are laser focused on every available hot tub in North America these days.

3) If you can't wet test I'd lean toward non-lounge spas. Lounges take up a great deal of space so if you and/or your spouse can't get a good soak in that seat you've lost a lot of real estate. You can't tell much from a dry test how well a lounge work for you other than where the jets seem to hit you in general but then again if you tend to float in that seat then those jets are just propulsion to send you out of it. When in doubt, skip the lounge!
« Last Edit: March 18, 2021, 10:42:57 am by Spatech_tuo »
220, 221, whatever it takes!

vippoolsandspas

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2021, 08:00:32 pm »
The best Tub in Canada is SUNRISE (2010-2019).  As a business owner and Tech that does not sell hot tubs, I'm telling you the truth and not trying to sell you a Tub I sell.  Sunrise was just bought by Jacuzzi and I'm hoping they don't put their equipment into it.  Easy tub to work on and get parts for.  Have to look at what Hot tubs have parts that are only proprietary to that hot tub.  MEANING, you'll spend double to get a part. 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2021, 08:00:32 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42