What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Frog floating system - bromine and mineral cartridges  (Read 3337 times)

CV3720

Frog floating system - bromine and mineral cartridges
« on: February 27, 2021, 08:49:40 pm »
Any input on this? Particularly for a tub which won't see use for a couple months (+) at a time.

THANKS

Hot Tub Forum

Frog floating system - bromine and mineral cartridges
« on: February 27, 2021, 08:49:40 pm »

A.O.

Re: Frog floating system - bromine and mineral cartridges
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2021, 07:20:13 am »
I had a "Frog ease" Cartridge system in a hot tub once, not sure that is what you are talking about but I didn't much like it.

castletonia

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2021, 10:34:12 am »
Any input on this? Particularly for a tub which won't see use for a couple months (+) at a time.

THANKS

Will the hot tub go unchecked for months at a time?  If so, nothing will hold you over that long.  Whether you use the Frog bromine or @ease floating system, 4 weeks is the most it can go without needing the bromine or Smartchlor cartridge changed.

CV3720

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2021, 03:38:38 pm »

THANKS

Will the hot tub go unchecked for months at a time?  If so, nothing will hold you over that long.  Whether you use the Frog bromine or @ease floating system, 4 weeks is the most it can go without needing the bromine or Smartchlor cartridge changed.

It's getting checked every 2,3, sometimes 4 weeks. Paying for bi-weekly, but that's not been happening. If I went with these, obviously I'd need to provide replacement cartridges - instead of them popping in a couple of bromine tabs in my current floater. The guy has yet to test the water, since December. I've been up there twice, and fine tuned things. I guess nobody will care for it the way I would (as they're not the ones getting in it)!

I was not sure about the how "mineral" thing. Where they say it reduces the levels of bromine which are necessary?

Thanks

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2021, 03:51:29 pm »

THANKS

It's getting checked every 2,3, sometimes 4 weeks. Paying for bi-weekly, but that's not been happening. If I went with these, obviously I'd need to provide replacement cartridges - instead of them popping in a couple of bromine tabs in my current floater. The guy has yet to test the water, since December. I've been up there twice, and fine tuned things. I guess nobody will care for it the way I would (as they're not the ones getting in it)!

I was not sure about the how "mineral" thing. Where they say it reduces the levels of bromine which are necessary?

Thanks

then the floating system would work well, much better and less harsh than Bromine tabs for sure.  The @ease works well with realistic expectations, you can't put 5 kids in the spa all day long and wonder why this little cartridge can't keep up, well if you have 5 kids using the spa daily you shouldn't be using a cartridge based system as your main source of sanitation anyway cause it'll never keep up with that type of usage or you'll need to supplement with traditional water-care products. Good Luck!

CV3720

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2021, 08:14:35 am »

THANKS

Thanks

then the floating system would work well, much better and less harsh than Bromine tabs for sure.  The @ease works well with realistic expectations, you can't put 5 kids in the spa all day long and wonder why this little cartridge can't keep up, well if you have 5 kids using the spa daily you shouldn't be using a cartridge based system as your main source of sanitation anyway cause it'll never keep up with that type of usage or you'll need to supplement with traditional water-care products. Good Luck!

Thanks -- any links to actual data which support the premise that the mineral cartridge actually lowers the ppm bromine needs, and that such levels can still provide sufficient sanitation?

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2021, 07:50:27 am »
I'm a believer that the mineral cartridges will HELP maintain clean water when your not using it. But they WON'T sanitize water that needs sanitation. Bromine or chlorine can be used to sanitize, minerals can't.
Retired

CV3720

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2021, 08:56:18 am »
Thanks -- any links to actual data which support the premise that the mineral cartridge actually lowers the ppm bromine needs, and that such levels can still provide sufficient sanitation?

I even contacted the company directly (online info request form) a week or two ago - CRICKETS

BullFrogSpasMN

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2021, 12:20:42 pm »

I even contacted the company directly (online info request form) a week or two ago - CRICKETS

The cartridges work together, see quote below that I copy/pasted direct from their website...so they aren't really advertising it as 'it lowers ppm needs'...

"@ease combines our sanitizing minerals with SmartChlorŽ Technology to kill bacteria 2 ways."

CV3720

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2021, 01:29:46 pm »

The cartridges work together, see quote below that I copy/pasted direct from their website...so they aren't really advertising it as 'it lowers ppm needs'...

"@ease combines our sanitizing minerals with SmartChlorŽ Technology to kill bacteria 2 ways."

I have three different test strip packets - one of them actually has a shifted "ideal" zone for "Frog" bromine levels -- lower.

Tom

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2021, 01:29:46 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42