What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: 2020 HS Rhythm or Jacuzzi J245?  (Read 2751 times)

ejj

2020 HS Rhythm or Jacuzzi J245?
« on: February 27, 2021, 11:35:12 pm »
Hey friends, we have narrowed our choices to these two 7 foot open style tubs. The price is close enough to each other. Jacuzzi is $800 less with their nice fabric cover thrown in.

My thoughts:

Rhythm is a great looking spa. Modern, cool lights, etc. I like the in-line ease system.
J245 has the foot dome, which some people like, and the UV system.

Anything you experts can add to the conversation?

Hot Tub Forum

2020 HS Rhythm or Jacuzzi J245?
« on: February 27, 2021, 11:35:12 pm »

A.O.

Re: 2020 HS Rhythm or Jacuzzi J245?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2021, 07:22:11 am »
I do not know anything about those two particular tubs, but if that fabric cover is like the one I got on my Cal Spa... I love it!

castletonia

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2021, 10:43:44 am »
If you consider them relatively equal options then choose the dealer that is more reputable and can offer better support after the sale.

I'm a Hot Spring dealer so I am partial.  The Rhythm cover material is almost like a denim, not the traditional vinyl/leather that hot tub covers traditionally are.  Not sure what the Jacuzzi fabric cover is as I have never seen on in person.  What exactly is included with your prices?  What cover lifter, what steps, what does each dealer do on delivery? 

Think long term.  After sale support, lower operating costs ( I don't know the insulation on the J-200 series),etc. 

ejj

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2021, 06:24:40 pm »
If you consider them relatively equal options then choose the dealer that is more reputable and can offer better support after the sale.

I'm a Hot Spring dealer so I am partial.  The Rhythm cover material is almost like a denim, not the traditional vinyl/leather that hot tub covers traditionally are.  Not sure what the Jacuzzi fabric cover is as I have never seen on in person.  What exactly is included with your prices?  What cover lifter, what steps, what does each dealer do on delivery? 

Think long term.  After sale support, lower operating costs ( I don't know the insulation on the J-200 series),etc.

The Rhythm was $9300 delivered to the yard with matching steps, cover/lifter/chemicals.  They didn't specify cover or lifter, so I assume it was the affordable one. 

The 245 was  $800 less delivered to the yard, with their thicker cover wrapped in a sunbrella fabric and a Leisure Concepts Covermate 1, Poly steps and Frog Ease set up.  Apparently the Jacuzzis are full-foam these days.

Both dealers seem solid.

As a dealer--have you had pretty good luck with the new Rhythm?  What are a few of the up-sell accessories I should consider?  I do like the in-line water treatment.

castletonia

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2021, 11:14:49 pm »
We do very little service on the Hot Spot Collection in general.  I like the redesigned Rhythm.  Having the step/cool down seat is a plus over the old version and the other upgrades (additional jetting, improved bottom, exterior lights) are all bonuses. 

I would assume the cover lifter you were quoted then is the Lift N Glide.  If so, perfectly fine lifter but if it were me I would upgrade to the CoverCradle II.  It has smoother operation and in general is a bit easier to use.

I have the SX model with in-line sanitation.  Overall, I like the Frog @ease system.  I get about 4 weeks out of the chlorine cartridge (you would probably be closer to 3 since the Rhythm is larger than the SX).  Otherwise, its pretty simple.  I balance pH/alk as needed and shock every couple weeks.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2021, 11:14:49 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42