What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: How flat is flat for a pad?  (Read 1947 times)

cranbiz

How flat is flat for a pad?
« on: March 02, 2021, 08:53:25 am »
So I have been busily preparing for my new tub. It's going on an enclosed porch that formally was open. It has a decent pitch to it, like 2 1/4" over 13' which I figured is too much out of level for the tub. From research, I understand that flat is more important than level.

The area I'm putting the tub on has been pretty much leveled using concrete and self leveling cement (within a quarter to half a bubble on either axis). The patio itself that I leveled, is 4" of concrete and a finish layer of tera cotta tile in a mosaic pattern, so plenty of weight bearing capacity.

Anyways, my base layer of quickcrete had some high spots that the self leveling concrete didn't cover. In total, I have one spot, about 3" in diameter that has aggregate sticking up about a 1/4 of an inch and several very small spots about the same height (like 2 or 3 stones).

The tub will have an ABS base and the worse high spot is not on the edge.

Is this good enough or do I need to break out the grinder to fix the high spots?

Hot Tub Forum

How flat is flat for a pad?
« on: March 02, 2021, 08:53:25 am »

BaggerJay

Re: How flat is flat for a pad?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2021, 11:40:22 pm »
I would grind it flat personally. I wouldn't risk a pressure point on the bottom of the spa. If you put a diamond wheel on a hand grinder it will be gone in not time.

Hot Tub Forum

Re: How flat is flat for a pad?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2021, 11:40:22 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42