What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Debate question  (Read 1873 times)

eds0513

Debate question
« on: March 01, 2021, 11:27:09 am »
Hi Guys,

New here. Looking at buying a new tub. Located in Illinois. We stopped at Great Escape and American Sale yesterday (Hopefully they are reputable dealers). We found 2 tubs we're debating between, I'm hoping to get some opinions before purchasing.

The first is a Jacuzzi J-245. Reasonably priced. I was told it was readily available in the model color, which we had no problem with, but did worry me as to why it is readily available when other spas have a wait time.

The other is a South Seas Spa 735B. This one is a longer wait. Slightly cheaper than the Jacuzzi.

Both include the cover, arm lift, stairs and chemicals. So it's a matter now of which brand is more reliable and if one is more well built that the other. All opinions welcome! Thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

Debate question
« on: March 01, 2021, 11:27:09 am »

ejj

Re: Debate question
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2021, 02:56:23 pm »
This is the same market I have been in for a few weeks.  Both are nice tubs.  I'd pick between them based on sitting in them and moving about.  Then decide if the dealers are equal. 

Availability right now doesn't mean what it has in the past.  Many stores are just getting their 2020 Summer orders.  Some manufacturers have had a hard time getting the Spa Control Packs they need to ship product.  Others have a better pipeline or more stickpiled. 

cranbiz

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2021, 03:32:11 pm »
At minimum, do a dry sitting. Make sure the seats are comfortable and you have adequate room. If possible, do a wet test. Try all the features. Then decide. Both are good tubs but one might be a better fit for you.

It's very possible that the Jacuzzi was ordered 6-8 months ago and recently came in. Being available now wouldn't concern me at all. Some tubs are just waiting for the right person and not all tubs are right for everyone.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2021, 03:32:11 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42