What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Bull Frog Dealer question  (Read 3555 times)

waterpro

Bull Frog Dealer question
« on: February 08, 2021, 11:39:59 pm »
I guess this is a question more for Bull Frog dealers, but I'm curious, did Bull Frog significantly raise the rates for you guys?   The reason I am asking is that I was in here looking at an A7 last September and was being quoted about $12,500 from my local dealer and the wait was going to be at least 6 months.  I wasn't in a rush, so figured I'd try and wait it out and focus on some other home improvements instead. Fast forward to today and I inquired again with my local dealer about the price and wait time and he indicated it's still about a 6 month wait, but that same A7 that was $12,500 a few months ago is now $14,500.  My jaw about hit the ground when they told me that. I mean I expected them to go up a bit, but $2,000 in just a few months?  Holy Crap Batman! 

So I guess I'm just curious if my dealer is trying to price gouge us, or if Bull Frog really raised their price on the A7 by $2k over the last few months.

Thank you in advance from someone who is feeling very defeated and frustrated right now!

Hot Tub Forum

Bull Frog Dealer question
« on: February 08, 2021, 11:39:59 pm »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
Re: Bull Frog Dealer question
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2021, 12:35:45 pm »
I don’t know about Bullfrog specifically but my tub pricing for 2021 went up anywhere from 7% up to about 18% for the brands I carry. It wasn’t just Hot Tub Pricing that increased for me. Two of my brands freight about doubled plus all accessories like steps and cover lifters increased as well. 12,500 up to 14,500 is about 15% so in my eyes it is definetely a possibility that those are new price increases. One of the brands I carry had multiple price increases in the last 6 months

Sam

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2021, 06:53:12 pm »
Yes, prices and freight both went up pretty significantly.  I've run into similar situations where people were quote awhile back and didn't purchase and now the price has gone up a good amount.

waterpro

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2021, 12:41:52 pm »
Curious if you guys think the prices will go back down after all the craziness calms down?  I'm thinking that the demand has to plummet after everything starts opening back up and people are out moving around and taking trips again.  I mean, this is obviously a luxury item and isn't a necessity, so I'm definitely willing to wait a year if it saves me a few grand.  Just curious what you guys think?

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2021, 01:36:14 pm »
In my experience (20 plus years) once prices go up they never go back down.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2021, 04:42:36 pm »
In my experience (20 plus years) once prices go up they never go back down.

While spa prices have risen at least they haven't simultaneously gotten smaller like the trick candy bar manufacturers pull!!
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2021, 04:42:36 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42