Brand Specific Forums > Hot Spring Spas

Freshwater Salt Cartridge Lifespan Experiences

<< < (5/8) > >>

Sammi:
Put Ah-Some or another similar product in and drain it.  Then start over with fresh water, balance alkalinity and ph, and use Spa Guard Chlorine Enhanced Spa Shock once or twice a week depending on usage. I put some in after about every 3rd or 4th spa usage and keep my output on 6. The system has worked great since my first drain and refill using the above method. Oh yeah - also have your water tested for phosphates.

wcmorris:

--- Quote from: Sammi on September 15, 2021, 08:32:07 pm ---Put Ah-Some or another similar product in and drain it.  Then start over with fresh water, balance alkalinity and ph, and use Spa Guard Chlorine Enhanced Spa Shock once or twice a week depending on usage. I put some in after about every 3rd or 4th spa usage and keep my output on 6. The system has worked great since my first drain and refill using the above method. Oh yeah - also have your water tested for phosphates.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the input. Sounds like you had the same issues I've been dealing with so glad to hear you got it figured out. I'll follow the same method and see if I have any luck.

swaney:
Galaxy
 How many gallons is your spa?

Galaxybrooks:
I believe it's 375. 

Update since my flush, drain, and refill first week of June.

I'm still on the same salt cartridge heading into the end of 4 months next week.  I'm going to say a drain and refill with proper balance to begin with makes all the difference.  Considering the summer has been hot and we have been traveling the tub spent a lot of time in vacation mode but even so the tub has been pretty good at sanitizing with a 4 to 5 setting when in use.  In fact most of the time it's been at at 3 or 4.  Weather here in NC has been starting to get back into the upper 50's at night so we have been using the hotub a lot the last week so I've had to use Oxidizer and the boost function to keep up with the demand.  Being I'm close to 4 months on the mineral stick and cartridge that may be part of the need for turning up the salt settings.  Salt has been at a perfect 1750 for the most part.

Final thoughts I think the drain and refill helped but given the summer months contributed to little use I'm going to have to see how things go moving forward in the cooler months as we frequent the warm bath waters of Caldera in the ole backyardo.

My dealer had been as helpful as possible and stand behind that most people don't have much trouble with the system and their now recommending a drain and refill If things aren't working as expected.

JohnMillard:
Having same problem.  Every ~ 45 days, like clockwork, the salt cartridge fails.  The've been out five times and are trying one more thing tomorrow, but they say if that doesn't fix it then I'm relegated to replacing for the lifetime of the tub every 45 days and they will credit the short life of each cartridge.  Not happy with this response after spending almost $20,000

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version